- [between 1986 and 1996] (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
File consists of various reproduction prints, blank postcards and greeting cards. These prints, postcards, and cards, include mostly religious images, but also a few geographical images. File includes some of the following:
- one black and white print of a drawing of Jesus wearing the crown of thorns
- one colour print of a painting with four women dressed in white. Annotation on back of print in unknown hand: "Four Women Martyrs by Sr. Marion Honors. in honor of the women who gave their lives in El Salvador."
- one black and white photograph (13.9 cm x 9.0 cm) of an unknown priest. Annotation on back of photograph: "file: photos"
- fifteen copies of the Trinity Icon, with no annotations
- 1 box set containing 48 reprints of etchings by Rembrandt van Rijn [etchings are numbered and are out of order]
- 1 box set containing 12 reprints of paintings by Aloys Schreiber, featuring historical comments [in German], and depicting country life in Germany
- Reproductions of pieces (drawings and paintings) by Rembrandt van Rijn, Pablo Picasso, Vincent van Gogh, Claude Monet, and Peter Paul Rubens
- Reprints of pages of religious books and frescoes
- Several copies of a drawing of Pope John Paul II
- Postcards and cards include Vincent van Gogh paintings, photographs inside churches, an airplane, Mount Saint Alphonsus (Esopus, NY), monasteries, Pope John Paul II, and other religious art (including some poems)
- 1 Rembrandt wall calendar from 1991 containing 12 Rembrandt prints, including Return of the Prodigal Son.
Because there are several copies of some of these prints, it is possible that Nouwen intended to send some of these with correspondence.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
File contains materials in German, Dutch, Russian.
A few of the prints of poems are signed 'with appreciation, Ralph'.