- 1972-2007 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1.57 m of textual records
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This series contains files relating to the research, writing and publishing of refereed articles and chapters in books, and thus contains extensive evidence of Prof. Moggridge’s written contribution to the field of economic history. Files often contain drafts starting with the papers as presented at conferences as well as additional drafts for publication. There is also correspondence with other economists relating to research, comments on drafts, outlines and correspondence with publishers.
Apart from many articles and chapters, three of Prof. Moggridge’s books are well documented as well: Keynes (1976 and 2nd edition, 1980, 3rd 1993), Maynard Keynes An Economist’s Biography (1992) and Harry Johnson: A Life in Economics (2008). There is correspondence with publishers and other economists for all three titles as well as drafts of all but the 2nd edition of Keynes.
The second accrual of Moggridge papers (B2019-0040) included publication agreements for many published works, research notes on Keynes, collected images of Keynes from various sources used in his books, correspondence and drafts relating to Harry Johnson: A Life in Economics as well as several other smaller publications.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
- B2010-0011/006 - /009: Articles and Chapters in books
- B2010-0011/010: Keynes (1st,2nd & 3rd Edition)
- B2010-0011/011: Maynard Keynes An Economist’s Biography – correspondence
- B2010-0011/012 - /015: Maynard Keynes An Economist’s Biography - drafts
- B2010-0011/016 - /018: Harry Johnson: A Life in Economics
- B2019-0040/001(10): Publication agreements
- B2019-0040/001(11)-(15): Articles and Chapters in books
- B2019-0040/001(16)-(20): Keynes books research including notes and photographs
- B2019-0040/002(01)-(02): Harry Johnson: A Life in Economics - correspondence and drafts
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access