Showing 16 results

Archival description
University of Toronto. Faculty of Information (iSchool) fonds
Print preview View:

University of Toronto. Faculty of Information. Museum Studies Program

Includes minutes and agenda of the following committees: Working Supervisory Committee (1978-1980), Program Committee (1980-2002), Grade Review Committee (1981-1987), and Professional Advisory Committee (1985-1994). Also, included are OCGS reports and reviews (1985-2002), correspondence with SGS, correspondence with various departments, general correspondence B-S, administrative subject files (1979-2003), course and planning files, and internship files. There are also photographs, postcards, and posters.

University of Toronto. Faculty of Information (iSchool). Inforum Library

This accession of records transferred from the Faculty of Information's Inforum Library contains the records of Winifred G. Barnstead, and document her work as the first Director of the Library School at the Ontario College of Education—the original incarnation of the Faculty of Information. The records document Barnstead's work in developing formalized training at the Library School during her tenure from 1928 to 1951. The records include correspondence with libraries and other library schools, UofT staff and faculty, drafts of manuscripts and articles written by Barnstead, School/Faculty informational bulletins, information on course programming and development, as well as some miscellaneous collected material relating generally to librarianship and library studies.

University of Toronto. Faculty of Information (iSchool) fonds

  • UTA 0102
  • Fonds
  • 1905-2008

This fonds consists of 14 accessions from the University of Toronto's Faculty of Information (iSchool) and its precursors. See accession-level descriptions for more details.

University of Toronto. Faculty of Information (iSchool)

University of Toronto. Faculty of Information (iSchool). Museum Studies Program

The Masters of Museum Studies program is currently housed within the Faculty of Information. The program started in 1969 as a joint effort between the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) and the University of Toronto’s School of Graduate Studies (SGS) as the Master of Museology Graduate Program. In 1980, the program is renamed to Museum Studies program. In 2006, the Museum Studies program is transferred to the Faculty of Information Studies (FIS).

This accession contains files from the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies (Michael R. Marrus) and the Director of the Museum Studies Program (Thierry Ruddel and John Flemming). Some files are labeled C&I which may refer to a department or committee called “Curriculum and Instruction”.

The majority of records are correspondence concerning (staff appointments and grievances) and reports (such as program reviews, appraisal, and rehousing the program). Files contain very personal and sensitive information such as salary information and grievances.

University of Toronto. Faculty of Information

Includes minutes of the Faculty Council (1962-2003) and of the following committees: Accreditation, Ad Hoc Discipline, Curriculum, Degree, Doctoral, Executive, Library and Instructional Media, Masters, Masters Subcommittee on Program Review, and Orientation. In addition, there are records pertaining to planning and programs, recruitment and promotion, courses/teaching, and accreditation. Also included are records from the Deans / Directors Office such as correspondence (1928-1998) as well as programme and course files (1928-1968).

University of Toronto. Faculty of Information

Accession consists of Faculty of Information student registration cards. The majority of the cards include student addresses, maiden and married names, course information, and graduation dates. Some cards include grade reports and post-graduation student employment history. The cards have been arranged loosely in alphabetical order, however students who withdrew, failed, or are now deceased have been grouped together