- UTA 0173-A1991-0026
Space inventory drawings of Simcoe Hall and Convocation Hall.
Space inventory drawings of Simcoe Hall and Convocation Hall.
Includes elevations, floor plans, heating plans of Library Building originally contructed in 1890-1892 showing extensions in 1908, 1917 and 1953
Architectural drawings for two buidings at Erindale College: early draings of the Research and Laboratory Block (1968) ; Theatre-Gallery-Conference Centre, Erindale College (Bldg. 329). (white prints)
Aperture cards of architectural drawings of most University Buildings in existence before 1975.
Specifications for additions, alterations and renovations to University buildings, 1912-1957: Pathological building, 1928; Examination Hall, 1947; Drill Hall, 1939 and 1947; Canadian School of Missions ( 97 St. George St.), 1929; Electrical building, 1919; Mechanical building, 1946 and 1947; Mill building, 1930; Hygiene Building (1925), swimming pool in north wing (1932), blood serum building and alterations to Hygiene building (1942), addition to south-east wing,(1937); Department of Biochemistry, Medical building, 1955; new library for Wycliffe College, 1929; University of Toronto Press building, 1948; Hart House: extension (n.d.), office waiting room, dressing room, rehersal room, and 'Green Room', 1948; Ontario College of Education building, 1931 and 1957; temporary boiler, U of T, 1946; Toronto Baseball and Athletic Company Ltd. stadium, 1926; south wing of Hygiene building, 1931; University College, 1946; McLennan Laboratories, 1946; David Dunlap Observatory, 1932; Institute of Aerophysics, 1949 and 1951; Varsity Stadium, 1950; Holwood (Flavelle) House, 78 Queen's Park; transformer room under bleachers at n.w. end of Varsity Arena, 1948; University Book Store, 1947; Trinity College chapel, 1953; University College Women's Residence (Whitney Hall), 1930; Economics Building (Mcmaster Hall), 1949 and 1953; Toronto General Hospital, 590-592 University Avenue, 1948; Trinity College, 1921 and 1922 (Queen Street site ?); new Knox College, 1912; Connaught Laboratory, 1926; Botany building heating tunnel, 1931.
Microfilm of specifications and architectural drawings for Scarborough College Library.
Microfilm (35mm) of architectural drawings of university buildings. Each reel appears to relate to the shipment of drawings sent to Kodak for microfilming and presumably these reels duplicate the aperture cards found in A1988-0039. All the shipments, however, do not seem to be present.
Design and construction files containing specifications, agreements, architectural, structural and mechanical/electrical drawings, soil studies, WCB performance bonds, insurance and warranties for various campus builidings and properties.
Aperture cards (35 mm) of drawings of the Athletic Building as well as microfilm reels of mechanical and electrical drawings of the Athletic Building; drawings of renovations made to the interior of the Best Institute and the Cockburn Centre.
Reel 1: Scarborough College. Student Housing; Reel 2: Erindale as built, Erindale Student Housing Phase III; Reel 3: Koeffler Student Services Centre, structural drawings; Reel 4: Fitzgerald Building, Fire Safety exits; also aperture cards of Erindale College Student Housing.
Drawings of reconstruction of the Haultain Building, phase I.
Architectural drawings of University Buildings many of which have been demolished, rented or sold: Old Medical Bldg, Old Biology Bldg., School of Practical Science [old Engineering Building], Old Chemistry Building, 99-101 St. George, 146 St George (women's residence), 205 Avenue Rd. (University of Toronto Schools Athletic Grounds), 67 St. George, 6 Devonshire Place (University Extension), Connaught Medical Research Laboratories, 277 Huron (Victoria Club Curling Rink), 37-39 Wilcocks, 45 Charles St. E (formerly Rare Book Library), original proposal for the New Athletic Complex, 679-681 Spadina Ave., Aura Lee Playing Field and Athletic Club, 100 Queen's Park Cres., Kappa Alpha Lodge, Superintendent's Office (95 St. George), Chemistry Bldg, Trinity College School in Port Hope, early proposals for Robarts Library, 146 St. George, Simcoe Hall, 86 Queen's Park Cres., Queen's Park Cres. Women's Residence, 23 Grange Ave., Kappa Sigma Fraternity House, proposed Innis College.
There are also renovation drawings to existing buildings on campus as well as plans and assessed values of buildings in May 1946.
Three photoprints of the University Bookstore, 1956, one of which shows University College and Student's Administrative Council building.
Disbound notebook, scrapbook and other papers relating to the Physical Plant department and the management of buildings including wages, renovations, insurance, campus events, prices, war measure etc... Lists and descriptions of portraits and paintings in the University (1969). Building files containing summary information of a historical and financial nature (with index). Slides taken of West Campus before and during construction, 1956-1959. Includes construction views of the Forestry Building, the Superintendent's Building, the Canadiana Gallery (Archives) and others.
Records of the Planning and Engineering Division, relating to the planning, construction and alteration to campus buildings. Includes correspondence, contracts, architectural drawings, reports, budgets and photographs. Buildings include (not complete): Best Institute, Economics, Superintendant's, Pharmacy (alterations), Ontario College of Education, the International Centre, McClennan Labs (alterations), Medical Science and well as a file on propertied on Gull Lake. There are more architectural drawings of other buildings (see case file for item list). Photographs include contruction views of Sigmund Samuel, Sidney Smith and 215 Huron buildings. There are also mounted photographs of University College and one aerial view of the campus grounds, n.d..
Records of the Superintendent, H. C. Milne relating to the planning, construction, renovation and opening of campus buildings including correspondence, contracts, progress reports, budgets, architectural drawings and photographs. Buildings include: Medical Sciences, Superintendant's Building Edward Johnson Bldg (Faculty of Music), Robarts Library, Pharmacy, Law, Chemistry Labs, Physics Building's LINAC Labs (Linear Accelerator), Aerospace, New College, Men's Residence, 79 St. George (Women's Union), U of T Press, Faculty of Arts Bldg (Sidney Smith) and files relating to buildings demolished.
Minutes and reports of the Board of Governors' Property Committee (1963-1972), and Presidential Advisory Committee on Accommodation and Facilities (1968-1974); includes planning documents for Scarborough and Innis Colleges (1970); and one architectural drawing.
Subject files on the effects of the University subway and the Spadina Expressway on University grounds; reports from the Presidential Advisory Committee on Accommodation and Facilities; includes blueprints.
Negative microfilm of the drawings and specifications of the McMurrich Building Renovation Project.
Plans of the School of Practical Science [old Engineering Building], Biology Building, Medical Building, Old Medical Building; Operating records for Central Heating Plant, 1911-1939; Daily Journal 1956; C.H. Best Institute, Opening Ceremonies.
Architectural drawings and plans of University buildings including: proposed Museum 1909; Women's Gymnasium and Devonshire Place, ca. 1936-38; University College Residence for the President, 1881; Chemical Laboratory, 1892; Faculty of Education and Pedagogy Bldg (proposed), 1889-1908; Women's Union Gymnasium (proposed), 1928; Old Knox College (Spadina Cres.) 1873; Student's Union and 3rd Gymnasium (1892-1894); Laidlaw Library, 1961; Medical Building. Maps and land use plans of the St. George campus grounds ca. 1889-1948.
Some early records relating to King's College and its lands including a parliamentary bill, land indentures, announcement of the Laying of the Cornerstone, early diplomas etc...
Photographic reproductions of drawings of University College Women's Residence and Old Knox College. Includes slides and photoprints.
Blue prints for additions to the Mechanical Building (no. 6A [now #22]) by Allward and Gouinlock. The office also provided digital scanned PDF copies of the drawings.
Blue prints for additions to the Canadiana Building (no 47. ) by Mathers and Haldenby. The office also provided digital scanned PDF copies of the drawings.
This accession contains material collected by the University College Archives. Most of the records have been collected and donated over the course of the College's existence, and range from personal records of prominent faculty members (Barker Fairley, George Needler, John McCaul), and various University College departments and committees, to more ephemeral and biographical reference material generally relating to the College. The accession also contains a large amount of photographs and sounds and moving images, as well as artifacts from the College.
This accession contains Art Committee meeting minutes, reports and memorandas. The accesion also contains correspondence from the office of the Director Ken Bartlett and Art Curators Dr. Elizabeth and Liz Wylie, Directors Joan Randall and Sheila Campbell, and from the office of Peter Richardson, Principal of University College. Also contains architectural drawings of the Art Gallery, the Art Centre, and the Malcove Gallery.
Consists of subject files, speeches and messages of university presidents from Sidney Smith to John R. Evans (1956-1978), files of the Vice-President Institutional Relations & Planning John Sword (1972-1973), and files of research assistant Frances Ireland (1906-1976). Subject files include budget (1973-1979), submissions to the President's Report (1962-1978), Operating Grants (1968-1979), administrative retreats (1976-1977), materials relating to the Ontario Council on University Affairs (1973-1975), task forces, pension, and various reports.
Subject files; correspondence with administrative offices, colleges, centre, faculties, institute and schools within the Univ; associations, councils external to the University; government and research administration.
Subject files of Vice-Pres. Research and Planning (George Connell). Includes minutes, reports and correpondence with administrative and senior executive officers, colleges, faculties, centres, committees, institute and task forces within the university; external associations, councils, government bodies.
Part of R. Brian Land fonds
Consists of correspondence, diaries, addresses, notes, minutes, reports, manuscripts, photoprints, a watercolour, a sketch and an architectural drawing documenting Dr. Land's career as a professor of and administrator in library science at the University of Toronto and as provincial librarian of Ontario.
Consists of records of Dean John Dirks, including subject files on companies, committees, associations, institutes, medical chairs, curriculum, departments, faculties, schools, medical specialties, political entities, foreign visits, as well as external review files on hospitals and medical departments and search files for directors, chairs and chiefs.
Toronto teaching hospitals space surveys and reports (1970), UTHA planning (1973), planning committees (1973-1978); Health Planning Task Force (Mustard Report), CAPUT, enrolment (1974); LCME questionnaire, INCO Joint Occupational Health program, NCI Epidemiology Research Unit (1975-1976); Presidential Advisory Committee on Supplementary Income, OMA (1976); and student records (1961-1966).
Applications for admission (rejected), 1957-1968; applications for admission (pre-medicine,year 1) (1957-1968, 1960) and photoprints of applicants; and architectural drawings and progress reports of construction of Medical Sciences building.
Administrative files of the Sixth International Congress on Immunology accumulated by Dr. Bernhard Cinader, Chair of the Organizing Committee. Included are minutes, notes, memoranda, correspondence, financial records, programmes, abstracts, copies of papers presented, and press releases and clippings.
Annotated blue print of the University Park, showing lot surveys to the north of College Street and on the east side of Queen's Park, 1861; elevations of seven buildings, possibly for residences in the University Park, 1861; 2 floor plans and one drawing of Great Hall by John M. Lyle for proposed residence for women at University College, 1920.
Floor plan with layout of reference furniture, offices and shelves.
Patent applications and agreements relating to insulin; indentures to properties, leases, agreements and title deeds pertaining to land transactions, especially along Queen's Park Crescent East and West; drawing of property layouts, architectural drawings of buildings with legal documents.
Drawings for University buildings: Chemistry Building #73, Zoology Building #72, Physics Lab #78A & 78B, Pharmacy Building #79.
35mm of architectural drawings for University buildings: Roll 1, Bldg 67, 215 Huron (1959-1993); Bldg 28, School of Architecture (1977-1989); Bldg 19, 21 King's College (1957-1991); Bldg 77, 21 Sussex Ave (1965-1993); Bldg 36, Faculty of Nursing (1973-1988); Bldg 132, Innis College (1974-1980).
Records of the Deans: B.E. Fernow, C.D. Howe, G.G. Cosens and J.W.B. Sisam (ca. 1907-1971); logging reports (ca. 1909-1964); subject files regarding research, teaching, surveys, associations and institutions related to forestry work (ca. 1907-1971); photographs and lantern slides; maps and publishers' plates.
Student files of the Department of Social Service, containing transcript cards and periodically some correspondence, biographical data (clippings) field work reports and photographs.
Architectural drawings (white prints) relating to the reconstruction of the Sir Sandford Fleming Building, 1979.
Architectural drawings for 9 buildings: Varsity Arena and Stadium, Stewart Observatory (SAC), David Dunlap Observatory, North Borden Building, Mechanical Building, Food Sciences, Varsity Ice Plant, U of T Press Downsview.
Architectural drawings for the following buildings: Botany Building including the Greenhouses (roll 1&2); South Borden building (# 61) ; Varsity Stadium Grandstands (# 30); Varsity Arena (# 30a); Las Campanas Southern Observatory in Chili including the dome and service house.
Specifications for University of Toronto Buildings. In boxes /001-/089, the specifications are organized according to building number. Boxes /090-/100 contain "building class M"; these are miscellaneous projects involving several buildings. Please see details re: office use.
Consists of administrative records by faculties, schools, centres, institutes, programs, colleges, university administration and organizations, governments, educational associations, Ontario universities and other general correspondence.
Programmes and other documentation relating to installations, memorial services, building openings and honorary degrees from the files of the Ceremonials Assistant; includes two sheets of architectural drawings of "Plans of seating arrangement for installations of President Evans, 28 September 1972.
Correspondence and subject files relating to the presidency of Sidney Earle Smith (1945-1957); subject files of the Assistant to the President, Claude Thomas Bissell (1946-1952); subject files of Bissell (1952-1953); estimates and sessional appointments (1933-1941); minutes of the Carnegie Foundation (ca. 1908-1931). Architectural drawing (1 sheet) of University of Toronto Connaught Laboratories Polio Vaccine Laboratory, 1955
Consists of files of the Research Assistant in the Office of the President ( Frances Ireland and secretary Dorothy Robertson) regarding boards, committees and task forces, other universities, presidential speeches; files of the Vice-President Institutional Relations & Planning, as well as minutes of the Simcoe Circle meetings (1972-1978), the Policy and Planning Committee (ca. 1959-1975), and miscellaneous reports on teacher's training, and the Secondary-Post-Secondary Interface Study (1976-1978).
Accession listings, correspondence, cataloguing policies, users' survey, financial records, forms, photographs, plans and publications. Includes map orders, map transfers, annual reports and minutes of meetings.
Correspondence, policy, procedure, minutes, reports, publications and plans reflect the functions of the Map Library as it acquires, catalogues and promotes use of the collections. Included are files relating to relocations and merge of Map Library with 2 other libraries.