Showing 2 resultsArchival description
- UTA 1432-11
Part of Llewellyn Edward Jones fonds
As a long time professor in the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering, L. E. Jones photographed and collected images of many Faculty and campus events including convocations, memorials, award ceremonies, retirements and open houses. Of particular notice are images of: the Engineering Centenary celebrations in 1973: the mounting of the lintel from the Old S.P.S. building and the installation of Becca's H in front of the Galbraith building; the fire, rebuilding and reopening of the Sandford Flemming building, 1977-1982; the excavation of the site of the Old Magnetic Observatory, 1979; the design, construction and installation of the Sundial, 1993.
As Engineering Archivist, Jones also collected many historical images documenting the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering as well as its predessor the School of Practical Science. Included in this collection are portraits of faculty and students groups, images of student activities, buildings, Gull Lake Survey Camp and Ajax Campus. These photographs mainly document the first half of the 20th century.