Showing 10 resultsArchival description
- CA UTSC 001-C
- [ca. 1960]-2010
Part of UTSC Photographic Services fonds
Series C: Photographic Prints contains all of photograph prints that were housed in paper folders and filing cabinets in the office of Ken Jones. The folders were arranged by subject. For the most part, folders are labelled by subject but the folders and some photographs were out of order when the records were transferred to UTSC Library. In some cases, folders contain photos that do not reflect the subject of the original folder label.
- CA UTSC 006-1
- 1893, 1898, 1910-2014
Part of Harley J. Spiller collection
The series comprises menus from around the world featuring a variety of cuisines including Afghan, American Argentinian, Armenian, Asian, Bangladeshi, Brazilian, Burmese, Cambodian, Caribbean, Chinese (Peking, Szechuan, Shanghai, Yunnan, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hunan and Jiangnan), Colombian, Cuban, Dutch, Ecuadorian, Egyptian, European, Filipino, Finnish, French, Hong Kong style, Indian, Indochinese, Indonesian, Islamic, Israeli, Italian, Jamaican, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latin American, Lebanese, Malaysian, Mediterranean, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Mongolian, Moroccan, Mughlai, Nepalese, Pakistani, Pan-Asian, Peruvian, Russian, Scandinavian, Singaporean, Southwestern, Spanish, Taiwanese, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Venezuelan, Vietnamese, seafood and vegetarian.
Menus are from restaurants located in Kenya, Morocco, South Africa, China (Beijing, Hangzhou and Shanghai), Egypt, Guam, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Tibet, Turkey, Vietnam, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Wales, Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada (British Columbia, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan and Yukon Territory), Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, El Salvador, Greenland, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, the United States (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming), Australia, New Caledonia (France) New Zealand, Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Peru and Venezuela.
Menus types included placemat menus, single sheet menus, trifold and four fold, five fold and seven fold menus and menus in booklet style. Some menus are laminated while others are in vinyl enclosures. Menus range from take away and delivery to eat in and include wine lists as well.
Menus from hotels, cruises and airlines are also included in this series.
The series is divided into 6 subseries: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania and South America. The division is based on the 7-continent model, substituting Australia as a continent and replacing it with Oceania for greater geographical coverage.
- CA UTSC 002-A
Part of UTSC Archives Legacy collection
Series A, University of Toronto Governing Council, covers the years 1963 through 2002. The Governing Council is the highest governing body of the University of Toronto. In 1963, the Governing Council drafted A Provisional Plan for Two Off-Campus Colleges in the University of Toronto, which established Scarborough College (later UTSC) and also Erindale College (later the University of Toronto Mississauga, or UTM). The series includes correspondence and address lists for various council members, by-laws for the council, and council minutes from 1973 to 2002. Also included are documents relating to the opening of the College in 1964 for extension courses and the formal opening in 1966. Materials regarding the design and construction of the College, including architectural drawings, are included as well, since the Governing Council oversaw the construction of the initial buildings.