Showing 71 results

Archival description
Accession
Print preview View:

Land 1993 accession

Consists of correspondence, diaries, addresses, notes, minutes, reports, manuscripts, photoprints, a watercolour, a sketch and an architectural drawing documenting Dr. Land's career as a professor of and administrator in library science at the University of Toronto and as provincial librarian of Ontario.

University of Toronto. Facilities and Services. Property Management, Design and Construction

35mm of architectural drawings for University buildings: Roll 1, Bldg 67, 215 Huron (1959-1993); Bldg 28, School of Architecture (1977-1989); Bldg 19, 21 King's College (1957-1991); Bldg 77, 21 Sussex Ave (1965-1993); Bldg 36, Faculty of Nursing (1973-1988); Bldg 132, Innis College (1974-1980).

University of Toronto Art Centre (UTAC)

This accession contains Art Committee meeting minutes, reports and memorandas. The accesion also contains correspondence from the office of the Director Ken Bartlett and Art Curators Dr. Elizabeth and Liz Wylie, Directors Joan Randall and Sheila Campbell, and from the office of Peter Richardson, Principal of University College. Also contains architectural drawings of the Art Gallery, the Art Centre, and the Malcove Gallery.

University of Toronto. University College Archives

This accession contains material collected by the University College Archives. Most of the records have been collected and donated over the course of the College's existence, and range from personal records of prominent faculty members (Barker Fairley, George Needler, John McCaul), and various University College departments and committees, to more ephemeral and biographical reference material generally relating to the College. The accession also contains a large amount of photographs and sounds and moving images, as well as artifacts from the College.

University of Toronto. Sigmund Samuel Library

Records relating to Sigmund Samuel Library and reports pertaining to the central library, including a report on Laidlaw Library. The operational records of Sigmund Samuel Library consist of annual reports (1972-1983); objectives and collection policies (1974-1983); short-term loan manual (1975); building renovations and reconstruction reports and specifications (1971-82), security survey (1990) reports on non-book material (1990), and information inquiries study (1981).

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department. Design, Engineering and Construction Division

Specifications for additions, alterations and renovations to University buildings, 1912-1957: Pathological building, 1928; Examination Hall, 1947; Drill Hall, 1939 and 1947; Canadian School of Missions ( 97 St. George St.), 1929; Electrical building, 1919; Mechanical building, 1946 and 1947; Mill building, 1930; Hygiene Building (1925), swimming pool in north wing (1932), blood serum building and alterations to Hygiene building (1942), addition to south-east wing,(1937); Department of Biochemistry, Medical building, 1955; new library for Wycliffe College, 1929; University of Toronto Press building, 1948; Hart House: extension (n.d.), office waiting room, dressing room, rehersal room, and 'Green Room', 1948; Ontario College of Education building, 1931 and 1957; temporary boiler, U of T, 1946; Toronto Baseball and Athletic Company Ltd. stadium, 1926; south wing of Hygiene building, 1931; University College, 1946; McLennan Laboratories, 1946; David Dunlap Observatory, 1932; Institute of Aerophysics, 1949 and 1951; Varsity Stadium, 1950; Holwood (Flavelle) House, 78 Queen's Park; transformer room under bleachers at n.w. end of Varsity Arena, 1948; University Book Store, 1947; Trinity College chapel, 1953; University College Women's Residence (Whitney Hall), 1930; Economics Building (Mcmaster Hall), 1949 and 1953; Toronto General Hospital, 590-592 University Avenue, 1948; Trinity College, 1921 and 1922 (Queen Street site ?); new Knox College, 1912; Connaught Laboratory, 1926; Botany building heating tunnel, 1931.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Records of the Superintendent, H. C. Milne relating to the planning, construction, renovation and opening of campus buildings including correspondence, contracts, progress reports, budgets, architectural drawings and photographs. Buildings include: Medical Sciences, Superintendant's Building Edward Johnson Bldg (Faculty of Music), Robarts Library, Pharmacy, Law, Chemistry Labs, Physics Building's LINAC Labs (Linear Accelerator), Aerospace, New College, Men's Residence, 79 St. George (Women's Union), U of T Press, Faculty of Arts Bldg (Sidney Smith) and files relating to buildings demolished.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Records of the Planning and Engineering Division, relating to the planning, construction and alteration to campus buildings. Includes correspondence, contracts, architectural drawings, reports, budgets and photographs. Buildings include (not complete): Best Institute, Economics, Superintendant's, Pharmacy (alterations), Ontario College of Education, the International Centre, McClennan Labs (alterations), Medical Science and well as a file on propertied on Gull Lake. There are more architectural drawings of other buildings (see case file for item list). Photographs include contruction views of Sigmund Samuel, Sidney Smith and 215 Huron buildings. There are also mounted photographs of University College and one aerial view of the campus grounds, n.d..

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Architectural drawings of University Buildings many of which have been demolished, rented or sold: Old Medical Bldg, Old Biology Bldg., School of Practical Science [old Engineering Building], Old Chemistry Building, 99-101 St. George, 146 St George (women's residence), 205 Avenue Rd. (University of Toronto Schools Athletic Grounds), 67 St. George, 6 Devonshire Place (University Extension), Connaught Medical Research Laboratories, 277 Huron (Victoria Club Curling Rink), 37-39 Wilcocks, 45 Charles St. E (formerly Rare Book Library), original proposal for the New Athletic Complex, 679-681 Spadina Ave., Aura Lee Playing Field and Athletic Club, 100 Queen's Park Cres., Kappa Alpha Lodge, Superintendent's Office (95 St. George), Chemistry Bldg, Trinity College School in Port Hope, early proposals for Robarts Library, 146 St. George, Simcoe Hall, 86 Queen's Park Cres., Queen's Park Cres. Women's Residence, 23 Grange Ave., Kappa Sigma Fraternity House, proposed Innis College.
There are also renovation drawings to existing buildings on campus as well as plans and assessed values of buildings in May 1946.
Three photoprints of the University Bookstore, 1956, one of which shows University College and Student's Administrative Council building.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Disbound notebook, scrapbook and other papers relating to the Physical Plant department and the management of buildings including wages, renovations, insurance, campus events, prices, war measure etc... Lists and descriptions of portraits and paintings in the University (1969). Building files containing summary information of a historical and financial nature (with index). Slides taken of West Campus before and during construction, 1956-1959. Includes construction views of the Forestry Building, the Superintendent's Building, the Canadiana Gallery (Archives) and others.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Architectural drawings and plans of University buildings including: proposed Museum 1909; Women's Gymnasium and Devonshire Place, ca. 1936-38; University College Residence for the President, 1881; Chemical Laboratory, 1892; Faculty of Education and Pedagogy Bldg (proposed), 1889-1908; Women's Union Gymnasium (proposed), 1928; Old Knox College (Spadina Cres.) 1873; Student's Union and 3rd Gymnasium (1892-1894); Laidlaw Library, 1961; Medical Building. Maps and land use plans of the St. George campus grounds ca. 1889-1948.
Some early records relating to King's College and its lands including a parliamentary bill, land indentures, announcement of the Laying of the Cornerstone, early diplomas etc...
Photographic reproductions of drawings of University College Women's Residence and Old Knox College. Includes slides and photoprints.

Ontario College of Education

Consists of correspondence of the Deans with the Deputy Minister of Education, University President and Bursar/Chief Accountant (1940-1964), records of the office of the Registrar relating to awards and scholarships, summer school sessions, examination questions (1909-1967), admissions, and medical (physical) examinations (ca. 1946-1965), and subject files of the Office of Director of Practice Teaching (1961-1965). Also includes two architectural drawings.

University of Toronto. Office of the President

Correspondence, memoranda, copies of reports of Presidential
Advisory Committees and Task Forces on Academic Appointments, Athletic Building, Computer Service, Future of Criminology, Gerontology, Information Systems, Music, OISE/Faculty of Education, Pensions, Supplementary Income & Related Activities, Symons Report, Transitional Year Programme, and Women. Includes a file on Canada-USSR Exchange

University of Toronto. Office of the President

Consists of files of the Research Assistant in the Office of the President ( Frances Ireland and secretary Dorothy Robertson) regarding boards, committees and task forces, other universities, presidential speeches; files of the Vice-President Institutional Relations & Planning, as well as minutes of the Simcoe Circle meetings (1972-1978), the Policy and Planning Committee (ca. 1959-1975), and miscellaneous reports on teacher's training, and the Secondary-Post-Secondary Interface Study (1976-1978).

University of Toronto. Office of the President

Consists of subject files, speeches and messages of university presidents from Sidney Smith to John R. Evans (1956-1978), files of the Vice-President Institutional Relations & Planning John Sword (1972-1973), and files of research assistant Frances Ireland (1906-1976). Subject files include budget (1973-1979), submissions to the President's Report (1962-1978), Operating Grants (1968-1979), administrative retreats (1976-1977), materials relating to the Ontario Council on University Affairs (1973-1975), task forces, pension, and various reports.

University of Toronto. Office of the President

Correspondence and subject files relating to the presidency of Sidney Earle Smith (1945-1957); subject files of the Assistant to the President, Claude Thomas Bissell (1946-1952); subject files of Bissell (1952-1953); estimates and sessional appointments (1933-1941); minutes of the Carnegie Foundation (ca. 1908-1931). Architectural drawing (1 sheet) of University of Toronto Connaught Laboratories Polio Vaccine Laboratory, 1955

University of Toronto. Office of the Assistant Vice President, Student Affairs

Consists of subject files containing minutes, correspondence, agreements, memoranda and notes on Council on Student Affairs, Association of Counsellors, Athletics and Recreation Interdivisional Committee, scholarships, family memberships, Robert Street field. Files on the Varsity Arena renovations also contain architectural plans, tender reports and financial breakdowns

University of Toronto. Office of the Vice-President (Research and Planning)

Subject files of Vice-Pres. Research and Planning (George Connell). Includes minutes, reports and correpondence with administrative and senior executive officers, colleges, faculties, centres, committees, institute and task forces within the university; external associations, councils, government bodies.

University of Toronto. Office of the Vice-President (Research and Planning)

Subject files of Vice-President, Research and Planning, (George Connell). Includes minutes, reports, and correspondence with administrative offices, colleges, centres, committees, institute and task force within the university; external associations, councils, government bodies; research files relating to university committees such as copyright, health sciences, human experimentation, policies, cyclotron, gas target neutron generator.

University of Toronto. Office of the Vice-President, Business Affairs

Mowat Family powers of attorney (1868, 1870). University buildings files relating to Royal Canadian Institute (1874-1948), University College Y.M.C.A.(1885), St. George Street 1st alleyway (1888-1898), Pathological Building site (1906-1928), Temperance Street Old Veterinary College (1915- 1916), Aura Lee Club at Roxboro Street (1916-1919); also contains 2 architectural drawings.

Results 1 to 50 of 71