The collection consists mainly of accounts written by Dr. Alexander of his own family and of his wife's family, the Morrows and Richeys of Halifax; a few letters; a large clipping file of events from W.J. Alexander's life; some family photos.
The collection consists of letters from William Kingsford to James Bain, Librarian of the Toronto Public Library, discussing matters arising out of Kingsford's researches into Canadian history and early Canadian printing. It also includes two letters from Douglas Brymmer addressed to Bain.
Collection consists of research materials and drafts for an unpublished biography of C.H. Best, containing much direct comment and dictation by Best. It also contains research materials and typescript of an unpublished history of the University of Toronto's Faculty of Medicine, drafts and notes for various articles and speeches, and some biographical and autobiographical materials.
The collection consists of Shelden's collected correspondence with book dealers, and notes and cards with bibliographical information about his collection. Among the documents of interest include a signed letter from Sir Joseph Banks and a photograph of Robert Louis Stevenson, as well as a volume of original drawings used to illustrate one of Dumont D'Urville's voyages.
The collection consists largely of papers concerned with industrial engineering, including the description and 103 photos of the building of the Leaside Bridge in Toronto. It also contains Snaith's personal accounts and diaries covering the years 1914-60.
Contains articles on historical subjects; biographies for his Dictionary of North American authors; personal correspondence; correspondence for the Royal Society of Canada, the Encyclopedia of Canada, and the Canadian Society for the Protection of Science and Learning, ca. 1920-1940-.
The collection consists of both private family correspondence and business papers. Included in the family correspondence are letters from William and his wife Elizabeth to their children, as well letters from relatives in Ireland, family friends and from important figures of the day who were acquaintances of Tyrrell. There is also material relating to Tyrrell's career in local politics and his activities as Justice of the Peace in Weston, Ont. The collection also contains business papers that relate to Tyrrell's contracting and building business.
The collection consists of correspondence and papers written by or addressed to Woods. Letters are chiefly from family members in England, but also includes three letters by Wood giving Canadian news and some extracts relating to his experiences during the Mackenzie Rebellion, copied from his journal (dated 1837-38).
The collection consists of manuscript and mimeographed materials relating to the history of labour and socialist movements in Ontario and Canada, with special emphasis on the Ontario section of the Co-operative Commonwealth Federation (CCF). It consists chiefly of the personal files of individual CCF party members and others active in the socialist and labour movements in Ontario. Among those individuals include: James McArthur Conner, William Crocker, William Dennison, Alice Loeb and Desmond Morton, among others. Also included are the records of Arthur Mould, a labour leader and president of the Ontario section of the Canadian Labour Party.
The collection consists primarily of correspondence, both business and personal, to Irene McGuire, owner of the Toronto-area bookshop Writers & Co. The letters deal with topics such as book launches held at Writers & Co., general information about books from readers, writers and publishers, and letters on other topics related to the book store. Among the correspondents include Graeme Gibson, Nan Talese, Alberto Manguel, Helen Garner, Greg Gatenby, W.P. Kinsella and Douglas Fetherling, among others.
The collection consists of holograph typescript manuscripts of Blunden's lecture notes, essays, speeches, addresses and poems, as well as correspondence with Sheila Yuan, who was Blunden's secretary in the Deptartment of English at the University of Hong Kong in the 1950s.