Showing 3596 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

1077 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Allward & Gouinlock Architects Inc. fonds

  • UTA 1010
  • Fonds
  • 1945-1982

Architectural plans of university buildings including architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical and design drawings. Buildings include: Mechanical Engineering Building, the School of Nursing, Dentistry Building, Lash Miller Chemistry Building, the Examination Hall and Victoria College Library addition.
Electronic copies of all drawings of the Lash Miller Chemistry Building are also available on CD.

Allward and Gouinlock Architects Inc.

Resource cards

This is a series of index cards that are colour coded and grouped by country. Most cards contain architectural drawings copied from books but some are hand drawn by Acland. There are also postcards showing buildings and some notes. These were most likely used to organize his research and supplement his lecture notes found in the notebooks.

James Headly Acland fonds

  • UTA 1002
  • Fonds
  • [195-]-1976

Records documenting Professor Acland’s research, publication and teaching activities. Includes notebooks, scripts and draft papers, photographs, slides, and negatives. The fonds is dominated by over 4000 prints and negatives documenting his research interest in and publication of his book The Gothic Vault and the book Building by the Sea written with Eric Arthur on the study of maritime architecture on Canada’s east coast. Also included are numerous prints of Toronto where Acland was active in the preservation of historic buildings such as Old City Hall.

This accession documents to a limited degree James Acland’s research, teaching and publications. It is limited because very little of his textual records survived, although there is a good number of notebooks that were mostly likely used for lectures. Records relating to his architectural conservation work especially relating to saving Old City Hall are held at the City of Toronto Archives.

This accession does however give a good representation of Acland’s photographic work that formed the basis of his research and publications. There are extensive photographs and negatives relating to The Gothic Vault as well as Building by the Sea. There is a large collection of photographs taken on a trip to Europe in 1964. These would have most certainly been used for research and teaching. All the images in this collection are well identified in terms of their location and site. However, few give specific dates. It is assumed that most of the images were taken through the 1960s and some in the early 1970s.

Sometime after his death, a collection of 25,000 slides was donated to the University of Toronto and was distributed among 15 departments. A catalogue of these slides was prepared by the Centre for Medieval Studies and published in 1984: Catalogue of the James Acland Slide Collection. Only a few slides were donated with this accession and it is possible they are duplicates of what is found in the larger collection.

Acland, James Headly

International Congress of Immunology fonds

  • UTA 0284
  • Fonds
  • 1981-1986

This fonds consists of 1 accession of records from the International Congress of Immunology. See accession-level description for details.

International Congress of Immunology

University of Toronto Libraries. Reference Department fonds

  • UTA 0282
  • Fonds
  • 1941-1975

This fonds contains 8 accessions from the Reference Department (officially Robarts Reference & Research Services). See accession-level descriptions for details.

University of Toronto Libraries

University of Toronto. Facilities and Services. Property Management, Design and Construction

35mm of architectural drawings for University buildings: Roll 1, Bldg 67, 215 Huron (1959-1993); Bldg 28, School of Architecture (1977-1989); Bldg 19, 21 King's College (1957-1991); Bldg 77, 21 Sussex Ave (1965-1993); Bldg 36, Faculty of Nursing (1973-1988); Bldg 132, Innis College (1974-1980).

University of Toronto. Facilities and Services fonds

  • UTA 0276
  • Fonds
  • 1959-1995

This fonds contains 3 accessions of records from the UofT's Facilities and Services. See accession-level descriptions for details.

University of Toronto. Facilities and Services

University of Toronto Art Centre (UTAC)

This accession contains Art Committee meeting minutes, reports and memorandas. The accesion also contains correspondence from the office of the Director Ken Bartlett and Art Curators Dr. Elizabeth and Liz Wylie, Directors Joan Randall and Sheila Campbell, and from the office of Peter Richardson, Principal of University College. Also contains architectural drawings of the Art Gallery, the Art Centre, and the Malcove Gallery.

University of Toronto Art Centre (UTAC) fonds

  • UTA 0252
  • Fonds
  • 1979-2004

This fonds contains 1 accession of records from the University of Toronto Art Centre (UTAC). See accession-level descriptions for details.

University of Toronto Art Centre (UTAC)

University of Toronto. University College Archives

This accession contains material collected by the University College Archives. Most of the records have been collected and donated over the course of the College's existence, and range from personal records of prominent faculty members (Barker Fairley, George Needler, John McCaul), and various University College departments and committees, to more ephemeral and biographical reference material generally relating to the College. The accession also contains a large amount of photographs and sounds and moving images, as well as artifacts from the College.

University of Toronto. University College fonds

  • UTA 0213
  • Fonds
  • ca. 1820s - ca. 2000

This fonds contains 19 accessions from University College. See accession-level descriptions for more details.

University of Toronto. University College

University of Toronto. Steam Plant fonds

  • UTA 0204
  • Fonds
  • 1910-1935

This fonds contains 1 accession of records from the Steam Plant. See accession-level description for details.

University of Toronto. Steam Plant

University of Toronto. Sigmund Samuel Library

Records relating to Sigmund Samuel Library and reports pertaining to the central library, including a report on Laidlaw Library. The operational records of Sigmund Samuel Library consist of annual reports (1972-1983); objectives and collection policies (1974-1983); short-term loan manual (1975); building renovations and reconstruction reports and specifications (1971-82), security survey (1990) reports on non-book material (1990), and information inquiries study (1981).

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department. Design, Engineering and Construction Division

Specifications for additions, alterations and renovations to University buildings, 1912-1957: Pathological building, 1928; Examination Hall, 1947; Drill Hall, 1939 and 1947; Canadian School of Missions ( 97 St. George St.), 1929; Electrical building, 1919; Mechanical building, 1946 and 1947; Mill building, 1930; Hygiene Building (1925), swimming pool in north wing (1932), blood serum building and alterations to Hygiene building (1942), addition to south-east wing,(1937); Department of Biochemistry, Medical building, 1955; new library for Wycliffe College, 1929; University of Toronto Press building, 1948; Hart House: extension (n.d.), office waiting room, dressing room, rehersal room, and 'Green Room', 1948; Ontario College of Education building, 1931 and 1957; temporary boiler, U of T, 1946; Toronto Baseball and Athletic Company Ltd. stadium, 1926; south wing of Hygiene building, 1931; University College, 1946; McLennan Laboratories, 1946; David Dunlap Observatory, 1932; Institute of Aerophysics, 1949 and 1951; Varsity Stadium, 1950; Holwood (Flavelle) House, 78 Queen's Park; transformer room under bleachers at n.w. end of Varsity Arena, 1948; University Book Store, 1947; Trinity College chapel, 1953; University College Women's Residence (Whitney Hall), 1930; Economics Building (Mcmaster Hall), 1949 and 1953; Toronto General Hospital, 590-592 University Avenue, 1948; Trinity College, 1921 and 1922 (Queen Street site ?); new Knox College, 1912; Connaught Laboratory, 1926; Botany building heating tunnel, 1931.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Records of the Superintendent, H. C. Milne relating to the planning, construction, renovation and opening of campus buildings including correspondence, contracts, progress reports, budgets, architectural drawings and photographs. Buildings include: Medical Sciences, Superintendant's Building Edward Johnson Bldg (Faculty of Music), Robarts Library, Pharmacy, Law, Chemistry Labs, Physics Building's LINAC Labs (Linear Accelerator), Aerospace, New College, Men's Residence, 79 St. George (Women's Union), U of T Press, Faculty of Arts Bldg (Sidney Smith) and files relating to buildings demolished.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Records of the Planning and Engineering Division, relating to the planning, construction and alteration to campus buildings. Includes correspondence, contracts, architectural drawings, reports, budgets and photographs. Buildings include (not complete): Best Institute, Economics, Superintendant's, Pharmacy (alterations), Ontario College of Education, the International Centre, McClennan Labs (alterations), Medical Science and well as a file on propertied on Gull Lake. There are more architectural drawings of other buildings (see case file for item list). Photographs include contruction views of Sigmund Samuel, Sidney Smith and 215 Huron buildings. There are also mounted photographs of University College and one aerial view of the campus grounds, n.d..

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Architectural drawings of University Buildings many of which have been demolished, rented or sold: Old Medical Bldg, Old Biology Bldg., School of Practical Science [old Engineering Building], Old Chemistry Building, 99-101 St. George, 146 St George (women's residence), 205 Avenue Rd. (University of Toronto Schools Athletic Grounds), 67 St. George, 6 Devonshire Place (University Extension), Connaught Medical Research Laboratories, 277 Huron (Victoria Club Curling Rink), 37-39 Wilcocks, 45 Charles St. E (formerly Rare Book Library), original proposal for the New Athletic Complex, 679-681 Spadina Ave., Aura Lee Playing Field and Athletic Club, 100 Queen's Park Cres., Kappa Alpha Lodge, Superintendent's Office (95 St. George), Chemistry Bldg, Trinity College School in Port Hope, early proposals for Robarts Library, 146 St. George, Simcoe Hall, 86 Queen's Park Cres., Queen's Park Cres. Women's Residence, 23 Grange Ave., Kappa Sigma Fraternity House, proposed Innis College.
There are also renovation drawings to existing buildings on campus as well as plans and assessed values of buildings in May 1946.
Three photoprints of the University Bookstore, 1956, one of which shows University College and Student's Administrative Council building.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Disbound notebook, scrapbook and other papers relating to the Physical Plant department and the management of buildings including wages, renovations, insurance, campus events, prices, war measure etc... Lists and descriptions of portraits and paintings in the University (1969). Building files containing summary information of a historical and financial nature (with index). Slides taken of West Campus before and during construction, 1956-1959. Includes construction views of the Forestry Building, the Superintendent's Building, the Canadiana Gallery (Archives) and others.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Architectural drawings and plans of University buildings including: proposed Museum 1909; Women's Gymnasium and Devonshire Place, ca. 1936-38; University College Residence for the President, 1881; Chemical Laboratory, 1892; Faculty of Education and Pedagogy Bldg (proposed), 1889-1908; Women's Union Gymnasium (proposed), 1928; Old Knox College (Spadina Cres.) 1873; Student's Union and 3rd Gymnasium (1892-1894); Laidlaw Library, 1961; Medical Building. Maps and land use plans of the St. George campus grounds ca. 1889-1948.
Some early records relating to King's College and its lands including a parliamentary bill, land indentures, announcement of the Laying of the Cornerstone, early diplomas etc...
Photographic reproductions of drawings of University College Women's Residence and Old Knox College. Includes slides and photoprints.

Results 151 to 200 of 3596