Series consists of records relating to Prof. Marrus’s vast publishing record. In particular, files pertain to specific publication projects (predominantly book projects), and include contracts, reviews, and correspondence with publishers, literary agents and readers. Few files include research notes. Files are arranged chronologically by publication date, with a general file of reviews at the end.
Publications documented in these files
• The politics of assimilation: a study of the French Jewish community at the time of the Dreyfus affair (Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1971).
• Vichy et les Juifs, with Robert O. Paxton, trans. Marguerite Delmotte (Paris: Calmann-Lévy, 1981).
• Vichy France and the Jews, with Robert O. Paxton (New York: Basic Books, 1981).
• The unwanted: European refugees in the twentieth century (New York: Oxford University Press, 1985).
• The Holocaust in history (Hanover, N.H.: University Press of New England, 1987).
• Editor, The Nazi Holocaust: historical articles on the destruction of European Jews (15 vols., Westport, Connecticut: Meckler, 1989).
• Mr. Sam: the life and times of Samuel Bronfman (Toronto: Penguin Books, 1991).
• The Nuremberg War Crimes Trial, 1945-46: A Documentary History (Boston: Bedford Books, 1997).
• “The darkest hour” in Nicholas R.M. de Lange, ed., The illustrated history of the Jewish people (New York: Harcourt Brace, 1997).
• Some measure of justice: the Holocaust era restitution campaign of the 1990s (Madison, Wisconsin: University of Wisconsin Press, 2009).