Showing 3596 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

1077 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

University of Toronto. Department of Botany

Report, guest list, speeches, articles and photographs of the opening of the Botany Building (1932); list of donors to the Robert Boyd Thomson Portrait Fund, with plates, screen prints for and photoprints of the portrait (1941); four blueprints for the proposed greenhouse for the Botany Building (1935).

University of Toronto. Department of Botany fonds

  • UTA 0036
  • Fonds
  • 1892 - 2002

This fonds contains 6 accessions of records from the Department of Botany. See accession-level descriptions for more details.

University of Toronto. Department of Botany

University of Toronto Libraries. Audiovisual Library fonds

  • UTA 0005
  • Fonds
  • 1970-1996

Fonds contains 1 accession.

A1997-0002: Files kept by Audio-visual Librarian (Liz Avison) document not only the founding of the AVL but also the instructional Media Centre. Consists of correspondence, minutes, reports, policies and procedures, programs, services, committees and task force file.

University of Toronto Libraries. Audiovisual Library

University of Toronto Governing Council

Series A, University of Toronto Governing Council, covers the years 1963 through 2002. The Governing Council is the highest governing body of the University of Toronto. In 1963, the Governing Council drafted A Provisional Plan for Two Off-Campus Colleges in the University of Toronto, which established Scarborough College (later UTSC) and also Erindale College (later the University of Toronto Mississauga, or UTM). The series includes correspondence and address lists for various council members, by-laws for the council, and council minutes from 1973 to 2002. Also included are documents relating to the opening of the College in 1964 for extension courses and the formal opening in 1966. Materials regarding the design and construction of the College, including architectural drawings, are included as well, since the Governing Council oversaw the construction of the initial buildings.

UTSC Archives Legacy collection

  • CA UTSC 002
  • Collection
  • 1949, 1956-2018

The archives contain a range of documentation relating to the foundation, history, and activities of the University of Toronto Scarborough. The materials have been arranged largely by originating department or by medium in the case of publications, photographs, clippings, architectural plans, and artifacts. There are ten series, several of which have subseries:

A. UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO GOVERNING COUNCIL

B. EXECUTIVE AND ADMINISTRATIVE BODIES
B.1. Principal
B.2. Vice-Principal, Research
B.3. Dean and Vice-Principal, Academic
B.4. Assistant/Associate Dean
B.5. Registrar
B.6. Superintendent
B.7. Director of Physical Education
B.8. Director of Educational Communication Systems
B.9. Scarborough College Council
B.10. Office of Advancement / Development Office
B.11. Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment
B.12. Communications & Public Affairs
B.13. Committees with Unknown Office of Origin

C. ACADEMIC DEPARTMENTS AND PROGRAMS
C.1. General Programs in Arts and Science
C.2. Extension Program
C.3. Department of Anthropology
C.4. Department of Arts, Culture & Media
C.5. Department of Biological Sciences
C.6. Department of Computer & Mathematical Sciences

C.7. Department of Critical Development Studies
C.8. Department of English
C.9. Department of French and Linguistics
C.10. Department of Historical and Cultural Studies
C.11. Department of Human Geography
C.12. Department of Management
C.13. Department of Philosophy
C.14. Department of Physical and Environmental Science
C.15. Department of Political Science
C.16. Department of Psychology
C.17. Department of Sociology
C.18. Department of Physical Education

D. SERVICES
D.1. Library
D.2. Scarborough-Erindale Technical Service
D.3. Gallery
D.4. Athletics and Recreation Services
D.5. Physical Plant Services
D.6. Student Services
D.7. Student Organizations
D.8. Alumni Services
D.9. Alumni Organizations
D.10. Faculty and Staff Services
D.11. Faculty and Staff Organizations

E. EXTERNAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION
E.1. History of Scarborough College (various sources)
E.2. University of Toronto – St George and Mississauga campuses
E.3. Centennial College
E.4. Durham College
E.5. Scarborough Regional School of Nursing
E.6. University of the West Indies
E.7. Trent University
E.8. City of Scarborough
E.9. Clippings and Scrapbooks

F. PHOTOGRAPHS AND MICROFILM
F.1. Photographs
F.2. Microforms

University of Toronto. Scarborough Campus.

The Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS Coll. 00403B
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1801 - 1937

The second accession of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Papers includes predominantly textual (handwritten and typescript) material relating to the administration and operation of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company and the Niagara Falls International Bridge Company during the years 1801 – 1937 (bulk 1835-1937).

Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company

James Balfour Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL MS Mapcase
  • Manuscript Collection
  • [188-]-[190-]

Four architectural drawings by James Balfour (1854-1917) who practised as an architect in Hamilton from 1876 to 1905. The drawings were executed for George A. Grover of Hamilton. One plan is dated 1883. The others are undated. Two receipts, dated 1884, are also included.

Balfour, James

Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL 00568
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1846-1937

The Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge fonds consists primarily of textual records that document the developmental phases and operation of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge, and the administrative activities of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company and the Niagara Falls International Bridge Company Joint Board of Directors. As these records document the lifespan of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge from conception to destruction, they also show the operational progress and administrative history of the conjoined bridge company and Board of Directors. Included is a large collection of handwritten letters and early telegram correspondance authored by and addressed to various members of the Joint Board of Directors, engineers, attorneys, and representatives from the Great Western Railroad Company and the New York, Lake Erie, and Western Railroad Company. Of note is the glut of professional correspondance between William Hamilton Merritt, Charles Brydges, William Swan, and various engineers involved with the concept, construction, and renewals of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge, including Charles Ellet, Jr., Samuel Keefer, John Augustus Roebling, and Leffert Lefferts Buck.The fonds also includes textual records that document financial and business transactions between the conjoined bridge company, engineers, and merchants. Many of the latter bear historical company letterheads and insignia, including those of the Detroit Bridge and Ironworks Co., the Hamilton Bridge and Tool Company, the First National Bank of Albion (NY), and the Grand Trunk and Great Western Railroads. Further records document the internal administration of the conjoined bridge company and the interactions of the Board of Directors and executives, including internal financial records, engineering drafts, and executive meeting reports. In the interest of provenance, a small amount of ephemeral material, including photographs, postcards, stamps, and miscellaneous correspondance addressed to Glenn C. Way of 1631 Niagara Avenue, Niagara Falls, New York (1902 -1917), Charles H. Stringer (Clifton Hotel Accountant) of 1259 Heywood Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario, and c/o the Clifton Hotel (1902 -1931) is also maintained within the fonds.

Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company

James Patrick Hynes Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL 00287 2B Annex
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1868-1953

The collection contains files from the Ontario Association of Architects and the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada. It also contains blueprints from Noulan Cauchon, a noted railway engineer and city planner.

Hynes, James Patrick

Anthony Salvin Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL 00249
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1828-[ca. 1862]

The collection consists of architectural drawings for various projects by the British architect Salvin. Drawings are either executed by Salvin himself or by other architects or draughtsmen in his office. Additional material includes: 8 photographs of Salvin projects; 5 drawings by Salvin's wife, Anne Andrews (Nesfield) Salvin; a catalogue of Salvin's library at Elmshurst; and engravings of British cathedrals.

Salvin, Anthony

George M. Miller and William J. Miller Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL 00194
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1883-1952

This collection consists of architectural drawings and other documentation for buildings designed by Toronto architect George M. Miller and his son William J. Miller. Additional documentation includes microfilms of G.M. Miller's ledger books (1894-1912), as well as correspondence, specifications and other materials for several of the buildings designed by Miller of his son. It also includes photographs of many of the buildings designed by Miller and a small amount of biographical material.

Miller, George M.

Charles MacKay Willmot Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL 00185
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1922-1929

The collection consists of 43 architectural drawings, blueprints and related materials by Willmot, and include those for four major houses and two commercial buildings in Los Angeles. It also includes two blueprints by his father, Mancel Willmot.

Willmot, Charles MacKay

Herman Geiger-Torel collection

  • CA OTUFM 05
  • Collection
  • 1934-1976

Collection consists of Herman Geiger-Torel's library of piano-vocal scores, including his markings and notes for Canadian Opera Company productions.

Geiger-Torel, Herman

The St. George [Mansions]

This sub-series consists of 7 items: 5 ink on linen drawings for an apartment building at the south-west corner of Harbord and St George Streets, Toronto; 2 blueprint architectural drawings outline changes proposed in 1924 to renovate the building to better serve as a student residence. These changes included the expansion of common areas, and the creation of a chapel on the main floor. These subsequent renovations were envisioned by Darling and Pearson, Architects.

Project, Stage 1 (L4)

Attached is correspondence between Ron Pansino, Manager, Ground and Stores, and Elizabeth Sisam, Research and Planning Officer, Office of the Assistant Vice-President (Planning) and University Registrar, asking for, and providing input over the proposed plans to alter Philosopher's Walk.

Preliminary drawing, Philosopher's Walk

Attached is correspondence between Ron Pansino, Manager, Ground and Stores, and Geoffrey Seaborn, Bursar of Trinity College, asking for, and providing input over the proposed plans to alter Philosopher's Walk.

Landscape Plan, Philosophers' Walk

This sub-series consists of 4 whiteprint drawings. These drawing outline proposed changes to Philosopher's Walk, University of Toronto. Included is a large format undated topographic drawing showing plantings and other details. 2 pieces of correspondence are also included.

Results 251 to 300 of 3596