- UTA 1084-3-4-6-B2011-0011/011(06)
Part of Black (Davidson) Family fonds
1077 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Part of Black (Davidson) Family fonds
Part of Black (Davidson) Family fonds
This sous-fonds contain Adena Black’s diaries from the time of her marriage through the First World War, followed by correspondence from family members, her mother-in-law, Margaret Davidson, and, especially from her husband, Davidson. There are also a few letters from friends, some of whom, like the Houghtons, were associated with the Peking Union Medical School. The correspondence is grouped by family and, from Davidson, is arranged chronologically.
Also present are files documenting some of Adena’s activities in China and, in particular, her attempts to market Chinese-made objects, initially through a partnership with Daisy and Marion Boulton in Toronto (1924-1928) and latterly (1931-1934) through the Peking Temples Company, incorporated in Wilmington, Delaware in 1931. The goods were sold through a store in Port Carling in Muskoka, and through other venues. These files contain correspondence, and financial records and, for the Peking Temples Company, incorporation documents.
This sous-fonds ends with correspondence relating to the death of Davidson Black, tributes to him, and the design for and photographs of his grave. There are also files documenting Adena’s final years in China, including some on her husband’s library, her continuing interest in the fate of the Peking Union Medical School, and the writing of Dora Hood’s biography of her husband.
Part of Black (Davidson) Family fonds
This fonds contains 85 accessions from the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) and its predecessors, the Faculty of Education and the Ontario College of Education. See accession-level descriptions for more details.
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) at the University of Toronto
This fonds consists of 14 accessions from the University of Toronto's Faculty of Information (iSchool) and its precursors. See accession-level descriptions for more details.
University of Toronto. Faculty of Information (iSchool)
This fonds contains 19 accessions from University College. See accession-level descriptions for more details.
University of Toronto. University College
Architectural drawings relating to buildings designed by Mathers & Haldenby, Architects for the University of Toronto including 21 King's College Circle (Bookshop), Archives Building (Canadiana Gallery), Botany Building (Tanz Neuroscience), Connaught Labs (1 Spadina Crescent and Dufferin Divisions), David Dunlap Observatory, Forestry building, Hygiene and Public Health Building (Fitzgerald), Sir Daniel Wilson Residence, Power House Building, Rosebrugh Building, Robarts Library, Sigmund Samuel Library, Simcoe Hall, South Borden Building, Thermodynamics building, University College, and Whitney Hall.
Also includes drawings for 2 private residences.
Mathers & Haldenby, Architects
The archives contain a range of documentation relating to the foundation, history, and activities of the University of Toronto Scarborough. The materials have been arranged largely by originating department or by medium in the case of publications, photographs, clippings, architectural plans, and artifacts. There are ten series, several of which have subseries:
A. UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO GOVERNING COUNCIL
B. EXECUTIVE AND ADMINISTRATIVE BODIES
B.2. Vice-Principal, Research
B.3. Dean and Vice-Principal, Academic
B.4. Assistant/Associate Dean
B.7. Director of Physical Education
B.8. Director of Educational Communication Systems
B.9. Scarborough College Council
B.10. Office of Advancement / Development Office
B.11. Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment
B.12. Communications & Public Affairs
B.13. Committees with Unknown Office of Origin
C. ACADEMIC DEPARTMENTS AND PROGRAMS
C.1. General Programs in Arts and Science
C.2. Extension Program
C.3. Department of Anthropology
C.4. Department of Arts, Culture & Media
C.5. Department of Biological Sciences
C.6. Department of Computer & Mathematical Sciences
C.7. Department of Critical Development Studies
C.8. Department of English
C.9. Department of French and Linguistics
C.10. Department of Historical and Cultural Studies
C.11. Department of Human Geography
C.12. Department of Management
C.13. Department of Philosophy
C.14. Department of Physical and Environmental Science
C.15. Department of Political Science
C.16. Department of Psychology
C.17. Department of Sociology
C.18. Department of Physical Education
D.2. Scarborough-Erindale Technical Service
D.4. Athletics and Recreation Services
D.5. Physical Plant Services
D.6. Student Services
D.7. Student Organizations
D.8. Alumni Services
D.9. Alumni Organizations
D.10. Faculty and Staff Services
D.11. Faculty and Staff Organizations
E. EXTERNAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION
E.1. History of Scarborough College (various sources)
E.2. University of Toronto – St George and Mississauga campuses
E.3. Centennial College
E.4. Durham College
E.5. Scarborough Regional School of Nursing
E.6. University of the West Indies
E.7. Trent University
E.8. City of Scarborough
E.9. Clippings and Scrapbooks
F. PHOTOGRAPHS AND MICROFILM
University of Toronto. Scarborough Campus.
This series consists of architectural and technical drawings for existing, proposed, and demolished Victoria University buildings. Both academic and non-academic use buildings are included.
Fonds consists of the records from the Upper Canada Academy and the period when Victoria University (formerly College) was situated in Cobourg. It includes records of the Academy Treasurer, John Beatty and of the Bursars/Treasurers, John Potts and George Cox.
Subsequent records are from the Bursars of Victoria University:
W.J. Little (1932-1951)
W.C. James (1951-1963)
F.C. Stokes (1963-1985)
Larry Kurtz, (1985-2003)
David Keeling (2004-2009)
Ray deSouza (Present)
Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.). Bursar's Office
This fonds from the Office of the Chief Librarian contains 54 accessions of records. See accession-level descriptions for details.
University of Toronto Libraries. Office of the Chief Librarian
This fonds contains 8 accessions from the Reference Department (officially Robarts Reference & Research Services). See accession-level descriptions for details.
University of Toronto Libraries
This fonds contains 1 accession of records from the University of Toronto Art Centre (UTAC). See accession-level descriptions for details.
University of Toronto Art Centre (UTAC)
This accession contains Art Committee meeting minutes, reports and memorandas. The accesion also contains correspondence from the office of the Director Ken Bartlett and Art Curators Dr. Elizabeth and Liz Wylie, Directors Joan Randall and Sheila Campbell, and from the office of Peter Richardson, Principal of University College. Also contains architectural drawings of the Art Gallery, the Art Centre, and the Malcove Gallery.
This accession contains material collected by the University College Archives. Most of the records have been collected and donated over the course of the College's existence, and range from personal records of prominent faculty members (Barker Fairley, George Needler, John McCaul), and various University College departments and committees, to more ephemeral and biographical reference material generally relating to the College. The accession also contains a large amount of photographs and sounds and moving images, as well as artifacts from the College.
Blue prints for additions to the Canadiana Building (no 47. ) by Mathers and Haldenby. The office also provided digital scanned PDF copies of the drawings.
Blue prints for additions to the Mechanical Building (no. 6A [now #22]) by Allward and Gouinlock. The office also provided digital scanned PDF copies of the drawings.
This accession contains 5 accessions from the University of Toronto's Real Estate Operations office.
University of Toronto. Real Estate Operations
Collection consists of Herman Geiger-Torel's library of piano-vocal scores, including his markings and notes for Canadian Opera Company productions.
The second accession of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Papers includes predominantly textual (handwritten and typescript) material relating to the administration and operation of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company and the Niagara Falls International Bridge Company during the years 1801 – 1937 (bulk 1835-1937).
Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company
Plans of the School of Practical Science [old Engineering Building], Biology Building, Medical Building, Old Medical Building; Operating records for Central Heating Plant, 1911-1939; Daily Journal 1956; C.H. Best Institute, Opening Ceremonies.
Architectural drawings and plans of University buildings including: proposed Museum 1909; Women's Gymnasium and Devonshire Place, ca. 1936-38; University College Residence for the President, 1881; Chemical Laboratory, 1892; Faculty of Education and Pedagogy Bldg (proposed), 1889-1908; Women's Union Gymnasium (proposed), 1928; Old Knox College (Spadina Cres.) 1873; Student's Union and 3rd Gymnasium (1892-1894); Laidlaw Library, 1961; Medical Building. Maps and land use plans of the St. George campus grounds ca. 1889-1948.
Some early records relating to King's College and its lands including a parliamentary bill, land indentures, announcement of the Laying of the Cornerstone, early diplomas etc...
Photographic reproductions of drawings of University College Women's Residence and Old Knox College. Includes slides and photoprints.
Architectural drawings of University Buildings many of which have been demolished, rented or sold: Old Medical Bldg, Old Biology Bldg., School of Practical Science [old Engineering Building], Old Chemistry Building, 99-101 St. George, 146 St George (women's residence), 205 Avenue Rd. (University of Toronto Schools Athletic Grounds), 67 St. George, 6 Devonshire Place (University Extension), Connaught Medical Research Laboratories, 277 Huron (Victoria Club Curling Rink), 37-39 Wilcocks, 45 Charles St. E (formerly Rare Book Library), original proposal for the New Athletic Complex, 679-681 Spadina Ave., Aura Lee Playing Field and Athletic Club, 100 Queen's Park Cres., Kappa Alpha Lodge, Superintendent's Office (95 St. George), Chemistry Bldg, Trinity College School in Port Hope, early proposals for Robarts Library, 146 St. George, Simcoe Hall, 86 Queen's Park Cres., Queen's Park Cres. Women's Residence, 23 Grange Ave., Kappa Sigma Fraternity House, proposed Innis College.
There are also renovation drawings to existing buildings on campus as well as plans and assessed values of buildings in May 1946.
Three photoprints of the University Bookstore, 1956, one of which shows University College and Student's Administrative Council building.
Disbound notebook, scrapbook and other papers relating to the Physical Plant department and the management of buildings including wages, renovations, insurance, campus events, prices, war measure etc... Lists and descriptions of portraits and paintings in the University (1969). Building files containing summary information of a historical and financial nature (with index). Slides taken of West Campus before and during construction, 1956-1959. Includes construction views of the Forestry Building, the Superintendent's Building, the Canadiana Gallery (Archives) and others.
Records of the Planning and Engineering Division, relating to the planning, construction and alteration to campus buildings. Includes correspondence, contracts, architectural drawings, reports, budgets and photographs. Buildings include (not complete): Best Institute, Economics, Superintendant's, Pharmacy (alterations), Ontario College of Education, the International Centre, McClennan Labs (alterations), Medical Science and well as a file on propertied on Gull Lake. There are more architectural drawings of other buildings (see case file for item list). Photographs include contruction views of Sigmund Samuel, Sidney Smith and 215 Huron buildings. There are also mounted photographs of University College and one aerial view of the campus grounds, n.d..
Records of the Superintendent, H. C. Milne relating to the planning, construction, renovation and opening of campus buildings including correspondence, contracts, progress reports, budgets, architectural drawings and photographs. Buildings include: Medical Sciences, Superintendant's Building Edward Johnson Bldg (Faculty of Music), Robarts Library, Pharmacy, Law, Chemistry Labs, Physics Building's LINAC Labs (Linear Accelerator), Aerospace, New College, Men's Residence, 79 St. George (Women's Union), U of T Press, Faculty of Arts Bldg (Sidney Smith) and files relating to buildings demolished.
Minutes and reports of the Board of Governors' Property Committee (1963-1972), and Presidential Advisory Committee on Accommodation and Facilities (1968-1974); includes planning documents for Scarborough and Innis Colleges (1970); and one architectural drawing.
Subject files on the effects of the University subway and the Spadina Expressway on University grounds; reports from the Presidential Advisory Committee on Accommodation and Facilities; includes blueprints.
Negative microfilm of the drawings and specifications of the McMurrich Building Renovation Project.
Specifications for additions, alterations and renovations to University buildings, 1912-1957: Pathological building, 1928; Examination Hall, 1947; Drill Hall, 1939 and 1947; Canadian School of Missions ( 97 St. George St.), 1929; Electrical building, 1919; Mechanical building, 1946 and 1947; Mill building, 1930; Hygiene Building (1925), swimming pool in north wing (1932), blood serum building and alterations to Hygiene building (1942), addition to south-east wing,(1937); Department of Biochemistry, Medical building, 1955; new library for Wycliffe College, 1929; University of Toronto Press building, 1948; Hart House: extension (n.d.), office waiting room, dressing room, rehersal room, and 'Green Room', 1948; Ontario College of Education building, 1931 and 1957; temporary boiler, U of T, 1946; Toronto Baseball and Athletic Company Ltd. stadium, 1926; south wing of Hygiene building, 1931; University College, 1946; McLennan Laboratories, 1946; David Dunlap Observatory, 1932; Institute of Aerophysics, 1949 and 1951; Varsity Stadium, 1950; Holwood (Flavelle) House, 78 Queen's Park; transformer room under bleachers at n.w. end of Varsity Arena, 1948; University Book Store, 1947; Trinity College chapel, 1953; University College Women's Residence (Whitney Hall), 1930; Economics Building (Mcmaster Hall), 1949 and 1953; Toronto General Hospital, 590-592 University Avenue, 1948; Trinity College, 1921 and 1922 (Queen Street site ?); new Knox College, 1912; Connaught Laboratory, 1926; Botany building heating tunnel, 1931.
Microfilm of specifications and architectural drawings for Scarborough College Library.
Microfilm (35mm) of architectural drawings of university buildings. Each reel appears to relate to the shipment of drawings sent to Kodak for microfilming and presumably these reels duplicate the aperture cards found in A1988-0039. All the shipments, however, do not seem to be present.
Design and construction files containing specifications, agreements, architectural, structural and mechanical/electrical drawings, soil studies, WCB performance bonds, insurance and warranties for various campus builidings and properties.
Aperture cards (35 mm) of drawings of the Athletic Building as well as microfilm reels of mechanical and electrical drawings of the Athletic Building; drawings of renovations made to the interior of the Best Institute and the Cockburn Centre.
Reel 1: Scarborough College. Student Housing; Reel 2: Erindale as built, Erindale Student Housing Phase III; Reel 3: Koeffler Student Services Centre, structural drawings; Reel 4: Fitzgerald Building, Fire Safety exits; also aperture cards of Erindale College Student Housing.
Drawings of reconstruction of the Haultain Building, phase I.
Space inventory drawings of Simcoe Hall and Convocation Hall.
Includes elevations, floor plans, heating plans of Library Building originally contructed in 1890-1892 showing extensions in 1908, 1917 and 1953
Architectural drawings for two buidings at Erindale College: early draings of the Research and Laboratory Block (1968) ; Theatre-Gallery-Conference Centre, Erindale College (Bldg. 329). (white prints)
Aperture cards of architectural drawings of most University Buildings in existence before 1975.
Fonds contains 26 accessions of records from the Physical Plant Department and its predecessor the Office of the Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds. See accession-level descriptions for details.
University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department