- CA OTUFM 07
- 1883-1990, predominant 1906-1937
Fonds consists of compositions, programs and reviews, photographs and family documents.
Fonds consists of compositions, programs and reviews, photographs and family documents.
Fonds consists of the administrative, financial, and performance records of the Aldeburgh Connection. Most of the fonds consists of materials created for, and as a result of, each concert produced by the Aldeburgh Connection, including promotional materials, scripts, annotated scores, correspondence, research notes, and reviews. The fonds also contains textual materials from the production of the Aldeburgh Connection’s recording projects, promotional events, board minutes, complete financial records, and correspondence regarding their fundraising efforts.
Fonds consists of a photograph and correspondence.
Fonds includes catalogues of the libraries of Neel Boyd's orchestras, and of his personal scores and recordings collections. Also includes correspondence.
Fonds includes computer-generated scores and parts for his original works, as well as his many arrangements for violoncello ensembles of works by other composers, written 1965-2006. Many of the arrangements were done for The Yale Cellos; Aldo Parisot and The Yale Cellos; Shauna Rolston; The Banff Violas; Lee Armstrong and the Birmingham Cello Group. Many contain program notes.
Fonds consists of material relating to the meetings of Conservatory Chamber Music Club. Includes one minute book 1937-1941, including descriptions of programs and list of members.
Conservatory Chamber Music Club
Fonds consists of records created, accumulated, and used by Doug Riley between the years 1966-2007. The majority of the records in this fonds is sheet music resulting from collaborations with other musicians, arrangements by Doug Riley, or original compositions. Although the fonds consists largely of jazz music, there is a wide variety of genres including classical music represented. Audio recordings could prove useful in the understanding of Doug Riley's performances or musical techniques.
Throughout his career Doug Riley collaborated in a variety of projects including composing music for theatre, television, awards shows, and social events. The fonds includes evidence of these projects including scripts, itineraries, storyboards, etc.
Also included in the fonds is correspondence between Doug Riley and other prominent figures in the music industry. Many set lists included in the fonds could provide insights into the performances of Doug Riley.
The following series constitute the fonds: Classical Scores, 1966-1997; Collaborations, Award Show Music, and Scripts, 1993-2007; B3 Quartet Projects, 1980-1997; Harnoy/ Woo Lee/Burgess Projects, 1995-2000; Miscellaneous Jazz Arrangements, 1989-2007; Original Jazz Tune Compositions, 1981-1992; Finkleman Projects, 1998-2004; Family Passions/TV/Commercials/Miscellaneous Projects, 1987-2000; Brecker Bros/David Clayton-Thomas/Anne Murray and Other Collaboration Projects 1976-1980; Famous People Player Projects, 1985-2007.
Collection contains photographs, programs, and press notices of his performances; manuscripts of songs written for him by composers including Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Lalo and Pizzetti; five collections of published songs; a scrapbook of programs from his first year as manager of the Metropolitan Opera.
Fonds contains programs, reviews and publicity materials of her performances, photographs, and teaching materials. Files include Notes : lectures [on singing and musicianship]; Performances, 1932-1947, 1 file of programs; Performances, 1920s-1940s; 1 file of newspaper and magazine clippings; Pocket diaries : 1938-1942, 1944, 1946; Correspondence; Publicity materials. 1 file of photographs and flyers + 2 half-tone metal plates (cuts); [Musical repertoire] 4 notebooks; Performances by her students, 1938-1968. 1 file of programs; Publicity photographs of other artists
Fonds includes audio tapes, video art works, correspondence, compositions and arrangements, scrapbooks, and term papers for Taussig's graduate courses.
Collection contains newsletters, monographs, articles, and other various publications dealing with the Faculty of Music.
University of Toronto. Faculty of Music
Collection consists of late-eighteenth, nineteenth, and early-twentieth century flutes, predominantly made by various builders and companies in London, England, as well as two from Paris, one from France, and one from Bayreuth, Germany. The collection covers the mechanization and modernization of the flute, including the addition of holes and keys, and the move from wood to metal for the body of the flute.
Fisher, Sidney T.
Fonds consists of transcriptions and original compositions for string quartet and orchestra, copies of Frank Blachford's songs, and a program from a performance by Blachford at the Royal Conservatory of Music. Many of Blachford's transcriptions are not dated.
Fonds consists of scrapbooks and signed photographs, predominantly relating to concerts by the Toronto Conservatory Symphony Orchestra (which became the Toronto Symphony Orchestra in 1908).
Welsman, Frank Squire
Fonds contains music manuscripts, photographs, and programs.
Fonds includes correspondence, notes, typescripts, translations, photocopies of journal articles, and other working papers about Hanslick. Files include Correspondence with other scholars; Contemporary reviews of Vom Musikalisch-Schönen; For commentary; Miscellaneous articles and reviews of publications about Hanslick; Miscellaneous writings by Hanslick; Various articles about Hanslick; Translation of Aus meinem Leben; Aus meinem Leben: Deutsche Rundschau; Blätter: 1853-4; Personalia; Bibliographical; Alt, Theodor; Barach, Sigmund; Bayer, Josef; Becher, Alfred Julius; Beneke, Friedrich Eduard; Bimberg, Siegfried; Bolzano, Bernard; Brentano, Franz; Burgh, Allatson; Dahlhaus, Carl; Dambeck, J. H.; Danzel, Theodor Wilhelm; Drbal, Mathias Amos; Du Bois-Reymond, Emil; Eitelberger, Rudolf; Exner, Franz; Fétis, François-Joseph; Flügel, Otto; Gade, Niels W.; Geibel, Emanuel; Gervinus, Georg Gottfried; Gluck, Christoph Willibald; Goldberger's chains; Goethe, Johann Wolfgang; Griepenkerl, Robert; Grillparzer, Franz; Grimm, Jacob; Gutt, Bernhard; Gutzkow, Karl; Hand, Ferdinand; Hanslik, Josef Adolf; Hanus, Jan; Harless, Christian Friedrich; De la Harpe?; Hartmann, Eduard von; Hasner, Leopold von; Hauptmann, Moritz, re Spohr; Hausegger, Friedrich von; Hegel, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich; Heine, Heinrich; Heinse, Wilhelm; Helmholtz, Hermann von; Herbart, Johann Friedrich; Herbartians; Herbart - Stout - Dumdey; Hiller, Ferdinand; Hiller, Johann Adam; Hirschfeld, Robert; Hostinsky, Ottakar - Herbart; Jahn, Otto; Johnston, William M.; Josephinism; Kahlert, August; Kalbeck, Max; Kant, Immanuel; Kausch, Johann Joseph; Khittl, Christoph; Köstlin, Karl; Krüger, Eduard; Laurencin d'Armond, Ferdinand Peter; Lessing, Gotthold Ephraim; Lobe, Johann Christian; Lotze, Hermann; Marschner, Franz; Marx, Adolf Bernhard; Mattheson, Johann; Meissner, A. G. (August Gottlieb); Meisler, Richard; Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Felix; Meyerbeer, Giacomo; Michaelis, Christian Friedrich; Moos, Paul; Mosel, Ignaz Franz von; Nägeli, Hans Georg; Nahlowsky, Joseph Wilhelm; Nyíri, János Kristóf; Ørsted, Hans Christian; Ulybyshev, Aleksandr Dmitrievich; Pamphlet war 1854+; Panofka, Heinrich; Pathologisch; Porta, Giambattista della; Printz, Felix; Riehl, Wilhelm Heinrich; Rochlitz, Friedrich; Rosenkranz, Karl; Rousseau, Jean-Jacques. Dictionnaire; Schelling, Friedrich Wilhelm Joseph von; Schneider, Paul; Schneider, Peter Joseph; Schubart, Christian Friedrich Daniel. Ideen; Schumann, Robert; Schwind, Moritz von; Shakespeare, William; Siebeck, Hermann; Siegel, Carl; Spitzer, Hugo, re Zimmermann; Stade, F. (Friedrich); Strauss, David Friedrich; Strauss, Dietmar, correspondence; Sulzer, Johann Georg; Tatarkiewicz, Wladyslaw; Thun-Hohenstein, Leopold Leo; Topitsch, Ernst; Vesque von Püttlingen, Johann; Vischer, Friedrich Theodor; Vogt, Theodor; Wagner, Richard. Lecture to Toronto Wagner Society; Wallaschek, Richard; Wedel, Gottschalk; Whyte, Robert; Wiener Zeitung; Winter, Eduard; Winterfeld, C. von; Zamminer, Friedrich; Zeising, Adolf; Zimmermann, J. A.; Hanslick - Zimmermann correspondence; Zimmermann. Wien 1848-1888; Zimmermann. Athenaeum; Zimmermann. Tonkunst; Zimmermann. Böhm; Zimmermann. Phil in Öst. 1848; Zimmermann, Robert; Zimmermann. Laokoon; Zimmermann. Spek Aesth; Hanslick. On the musically beautiful; VMS I, 1854"
Fonds includes memorabilia , photographs, correspondence, lecture notes, brochures and programs.
Lambert, George James
Fonds consists of jazz compositions, dance band arrangements, and biographical materials.
Collection consists of 10 scrapbooks created by the Hart House String Quartet and their business manager, Milton Blackstone, which contain programs and newspaper clippings of reviews and press releases for their concerts. Two volumes (Volume 5, 1929-1931; and, Volume 7, 1932-1934) are missing from the collection. The collection also contains two scrapbooks for the Canadian Concert Association, during the time that Milton Blackstone was the director (1933-1935 and 1936).
Hart House String Quartet
Fonds consists of digital images of the 211 page music instruction manual. A collection organized into 12 volumes.
Collection consists of Herman Geiger-Torel's library of piano-vocal scores, including his markings and notes.
Including 189 piano-vocal scores :
• Beethoven Fidelio. German. Peters. Pl.no. 7240 (With typescript dialogue)
• Bellini Norma. French. Leduc. Pl.no. 3605
• Norma. Italian. Ricordi, 1960. Pl.no. 41684
• La Sonnambula. German and ltalian. Peters. Pl. No. 5271
• Bizet Carmen. French and English. Boosey and Hawkes. Pl.no. US Bk251
• Carmen. French and English. Schirmer, 1958. #421. Pl.no. 12117
• Carmen. French. Choudens
• Boito Mefistofele. Italian. Ricordi. Pl.no. 44720
• Britten Rape of Lucretia. English and German. Boosey and Hawkes. Rev. 1947. Pl.no.15846
• Catalani Loreley. Italian. Ricordi. Pl.no. 54916
• Charpentier Louise. French. Heugel, 1900
• Cimarosa Il matrimonio segreto. Italian. Ricordi, 1944. Pl.no. 441687. Presentation copy from Ernesto Barbini
• Donizetti Don Pasquale. Italian and English. F. Colombo, 1965. Pl.no. 2419-231
• L'elisir d'amore. Italian. Ricordi. Pl.no. 41688
• Lucia di Lammermoor. Italian and German. Peters. Pl.no. 7736
• Dukas Ariane et barbe-bleue. French. Durand, 1906
• Gluck Alceste. English, French and German. Breitkopf & Härtel, 1904. Pl.no. V.A. 2039
• Orpheus. French and German. Peters. Pl.no. 9902
• Gounod Faust. French and English. Schirmer, 1930. Pl.no. 16100
• Roméo et Juliet. French and English. Schirmer, 1925. Pl.no. 13203
• Roméo et Juliet. French. Choudens. Pl.no. 1411
• Humperdinck Hänsel und Gretel. German. B. Schott’s Söhne, 1894. Pl.no. 25618
• Hänsel und Gretel. English. Schirmer. Pl.no. 31957
• Lehár Die lustige Witwe. English. Chappell, 1907. Pl.no. 23260
• Die lustige Witwe. German and English. Doblinger : Glocken
• Massenet Manon. French and English. Schirmer, 1940. Pl.no. 38782
• Werther. French. Heugel. Pl.no. 1812
• Menotti The consul. English. Schirmer, 1950. Pl.no. 42369 (With stage designs for the Guelph
• The medium. English and French. Schirmer, 1947. Pl.no. 41701
• The old maid and the thief. English. Ricordi, 1943. Pl.no. N.Y. 1282
• Milhaud Le pauvre matelot. French. Heugel, 1927. Pl.no. 29532
• Montemezzi L’amore dei tre re. Italian. Ricordi, 1915. Pl.no. 114651
• Monteverdi Poppea. Italian. Suvini Zerboni, 1937. Pl.no. S.501Z
• Mozart La clemenza di Tito. German and Italian. Breitkopf & Härtel. Pl.no. 12866, VA209
• Cosi fan tutte. Italian and German. Breitkopf & Härtel. Pl.no. E.B. 1666
• Cosi fan tutte. Italian and English. International, 1948 Pl.no.1051
• Cosi fan tutte. Italian and English. Schirmer, c1952. Pl.no. 42735 (With 1973 and 1974 COC tour notes)
• Die Entführung. German and Italian. Peters. Pl.no. 6445
• Die Entführung. German and English. Boosey & Hawkes, c1944. Pl.no. US Bk no. 109
• Don Giovanni. German and Italian. T. Ackermann. Pl.no. E.B.2180
• Don Giovanni. English and Italian. Boosey & Hawkes, 1966. Pl.no. H.15593
• Le nozze di Figaro. Italian and English. Schirmer, 1951. Pl.no. 42226
• Le nozze di Figaro. Italian and German Breitkopf & Härtel, 1899. Pl.no. V.A.1716
• Die Zauberflöte. German. Peters. Pl. no. 10425
• Die Zauberflöte. German and English. Schirmer, 1941. Pl.no. 39678
• Nicolai. Die lustigen Weiber von Windsor. Peters. Pl.no. 7774
• Offenbach Les contes d’Hoffmann. German and French. Choudens. Pl.no. A.C.5301
• Pergolesi La serva padrona. English. Kalmus, 1934
• Puccini La Bohème. German Ricordi c1897 Pl.no. 100171
• Gianni Schicchi. German Ricordi c1920 Pl.no. 118100 (118097)
• Gianni Schicchi. Italian and English Ricordi Pl.no. 121158 c1930
• Madama Butterfly. Italian Ricordi c1907 Pl.no. 110000
• Manon Lescaut. Italian Ricordi c1893 Pl.no. 95567
• II tabarro. German Ricordi c1920 Pl.no. 118098 (118097)
• Rossini Il barbiere di Sivigia. Italian Ricordi Pl.no. 41691
• Saint-Säens Samson et Dalilah. French and German Durand c1907 D&F 6935
• Strauss, R. Ariadne auf Naxos. German Furstner c1940 (B&H 1943) Pl.no. 6368 A.7453F.
• Elektra. German Furstner Sept 1 1969 production notes c1936 (B&H 1943) Pl.no. A.5654F. • Rosenkavalier. German and English. Boosey & Hawkes Pl.no. c1943 F.500
• Salome. German and English. Fürstner c1910 Pl.no. A.5503F.
• Salome. German and English. Hawkes & Son c1943 Pl.no. H15570
• Tchaikovsky Eugene Oniegin. Russian and English. Schauer & May Pl.no. 153
• Eugene Oniegin. German and English. Schirmer, 1936. Pl.no. 20096
• Queen of spades. French. A. Noël. Pl.no. A.N. 2068 (With list of props)
• Verdi Aida. Italian Ricordi 1944 Pl.no 42602
• Aida. Italian and English Schirmer, c1925 Pl.no.13573
• Ballo in maschera. German and Italian Ricordi Pl.no. 108971
• Falstaff. German Ricordi c1893 Pl.no. R&C 96370
• La forza del destino. Italian Ricordi 1944 Pl.no.41381
• Otello. Italian and English International 1948 ed #1000 • Rigoletto. Italian and German A. Kranz Pl.no. C.44991
• La traviata. Italian Benoit 276p.
• Il trovatore. German and Italian A. Kranz Pl.no. 18739 (Peters) 239
• Wagner Der fliegende Hollander. German Furstner c1909 Pl.no. A5777F
• Lohengrin. German Breitkopf & Hartel Pl.no. V.A. 301
• Die Meistersinger. German and English B. Schott's Sohne Pl.no. 18975a
• Parsifal. German B. Schott's Sohne Pl.no. 28400 c1910
• Walküre. German and English B. Schott's Sohne c1899 Pl.no. 26590 (Schirmer 1904)
• Walküre. German Peters Pl.no. 9803
• Rheingold. German Peters Pl.no. 9800
• Siegfried. German and English Breitkopf & Hartel c1914 Pl.no. RW 9
• Götterdämmerung. German and English Schirmer Pl.no. 37215
• Götterdämmerung. German B. Schott's Sohne c1908 Pl.no. 28000
• Tristan und Isolde. German (2 copies) Breitkopf und Härtel Pl.no. V.A.524
• Tristan und Isolde. German. Peters Pl. no. 9815
• Weber Oberon. German. Universal c1919 Pl.no. U.E. 5877 New dialogue and essay by H. GT.
• Weill Down in the valley Schirmer c1948 Pl.no. 41905 • Willan, Healey Deirdre. Photocopy of ms. 162 p.
• Wilson, C. Heloise and Abelard Photocopy of ms. 304 p.
• Wolf-Ferrari Quattri rusteghi. German and Italian J.Weinberger c1905 Pl.no. 1450
• Wolff, M. Der Heilige. German B. Schott's Sohne c1913 Pl.no. 29647. With composer's autograph to Lina Geiger-Kullmann, 1935
Fonds consists of letters, typescript and manuscript, to Gustav Ciamaga, 1963-1974.
Le Caine, Hugh
Fonds contains writings, family letters, photographs; photocopies of biographical documents including:
Arlidge, J. Churchill. Entertainment grave and gay.
MS notebook of concert repertoire, unpaged, with inserted leaves.
Topical commentaries, with song listings on page versos.
Some press opinions. Promotional brochure. 1902?
How practice makes perfect: a few hints to teachers and students of music, to which is appended the Arlidge practice record. c1907.
12 promotional photographs as a child or youth performer (Cartes de visite)
35 photographs of individuals and locations associated with his career (Cartes de visite)
Family letters and family and career photographs.
Sheet music repertoire, with ms vocal parts
Wooden conductor’s baton
Jewel pendant with photograph
Biographical documents: press clippings, letters, programs etc. 5 files of photocopies
Photographs of costumes of Arlidge as a child performer, donated to the Royal Ontario Museum 1997
Arlidge, Bob. “The forgotten flute player”. Computer print of draft article for Pan : the journal of the British Flute Society, 2007.
“Mr. J. Churchill Arlidge: Canada’s popular flute virtuoso.” In Institute for Canadian Music Newsletter, 3:1, 2005
Arlidge, Joseph Churchill
Fonds consists of records created by John Beckwith during his career, predominantly relating to his compositions. Materials include sketches, drafts, final copies, texts, performance records, and related correspondence for most of his works, as well as programs and press notices, and other personal and professional documents. Records include correspondence with other musicians, both personal and professional; materials created through his work with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation; lecture notes from his time at the University of Toronto and other presentations; and documents pertaining to his various awards and honours.
Collection consists of reference materials relating to John Francis Johnstone's compositions for voice and piano, his family, and the performance of his songs after his death.
Johnstone, John Francis
Fonds consists of 32 files of musical materials; 10 files of program notes, correspondence, teaching materials and biographical documents; 27 sound recordings; 3 video recordings
Fonds consists of material relating to Kathleen Parlow's personal life and her musical career. Includes photographs; correspondence; daybooks; sheet music; concert programs; press; and personal material.
Collection consists of 27 pages of stamps featuring composers, musicians, musical instruments, scenes from operas and ballets, folk dances, theatres, opera houses, and music conservatories and academies. Each page of stamps was arranged by Lee Bartel.
Fonds consists of manuscript music; radio scripts, indexes, notes; various documents, (publicity, correspondence, certificates and commendations, CMEA related documents, newspaper articles, scrapbooks, photos); postmortem documents, (postmortem correspondence, Leslie Bell Singers reunion, Leslie Bell Scholarship, Richard L. Bell (pianist, son of Leslie R. Bell).
Bell, Leslie R.
Fonds includes 110 files of sketches and final copies for many of his musical works; 3 files of theoretical and critical writings; and, 1 file of programs and press notices.
Concerts from faculty members, students, student ensembles and guest artist, at one of the Faculty theatre's; including Walter Hall, McMillan Theatre and other University venues.
University of Toronto. Faculty of Music
Volumes of music instructional material. Mostly for piano instruction, but contains ear training, theory, and sight reading material as well. Items publkished in Canada and internationally are included.
University of Toronto Music Library
Fonds consists of a scrapbook with programs and press notices of Olive Scholey's performances as a contralto, at the Toronto College of Music, and in other venues in Southern Ontario.
Fonds consists primarily of manuscript scores and parts, along with typescript copies. Also contains radio scripts and cue sheets.
Collection consists of set and costume designs for the following Teatro alla Scala productions: the premiere production of La Fiamma (The Flame) by Ottorino Respighi, designed by Nicola Benois (1901-1988); Respighi's ballet Gli Uccelli, designed by Benois; and the premiere performance of Madama Butterfly by Giacomo Puccini, designed by Giuseppe Palanti (1881-1946).
G. Ricordi & Co. Ltd.
Fonds includes manuscript scores of compositions and arrangements written for Boss Brass recordings. All arrangements are by Rob McConnell. The fonds also includes some original compositions by McConnell. Scores are assigned dates based on the date of recording by Boss Brass, and later by the Rob McConnell Tentet.
Collection consists of a handwritten book of lyrics for songs written by the American composer Roy Lamont Smith, and a collection of his published and unpublished (manuscript) sheet music.
Smith, Roy Lamont
Collection includes correspondence, notes, transcripts, and other working papers for Ezra Schabas's book Sir Ernest MacMillan: the importance of being Canadian, published by the University of Toronto Press in 1994.
Fonds includes minute/program books (1906-1912, 1912-1922, 1922-1936, 1936-1946); cash books (1914-1928,1928-1948); file including texts of skits with parody songs, printed constitutions (1916/1917 and 1920), and typescript history of 1899-1919.
Speranza Musical Club
Fonds consists of manuscript scores, compositional sketches, correspondence, programs, and teaching materials, related to Kenins's career as a composer and professor at the Faculty of Music, University of Toronto.
Collection contains correspondence, copies of sources, notes, illustrations, photographs, microfilms, and other working papers for Ezra Schabas's book Theodore Thomas : America's conductor and builder of orchestras, 1835-1905 (University of Indiana Press, 1989).
Fonds includes a Minute book 1898-1916, with programs pasted in; 1906 revised Constitution; correspondence to and from members, 1913-1916; undated list of members.
Toronto Clef Club
Collection consists of materials relating to musical life in Toronto, Ontario. The collection includes photographs of various Canadian and European musicians, including various photographs of Canadian Opera Company productions from the late 1980s and early 1990s, autographs from various opera singers and musicians from the late-nineteenth century, three scrapbooks with newspaper clippings and programs, and a collection of songs published in the Toronto Evening Telegram at the end of the nineteenth century.
University of Toronto Music Library
Fonds consists of sketches, drafts, and texts for Udo Kasemets’s compositions, including scores prior to 1960 that use conventional media, and those after 1960, which consists of multi-purpose scores, combination scores, and theatre pieces. The fonds also contains programs and press notices for performances by Udo Kasemets and of his works; correspondence with many American avant-garde musicians; and Kasemets’s projects and notes from his time teaching at the Ontario College of Art.
Fonds consists of a collection of signed portraits, mainly dated 1920-1924: Eva Clare, Herbert A. Fricker, Ernest Hutcheson, Isidor Philipp, Augustus S. Vogt, Paul Wells, Ernest F. White.
Fonds consists of manuscript music; radio music and children's pieces; correspondence with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), Canadian Music Centre (CMC), Canada Council, Ontario Arts Council, performers, representatives of performing organizations, friends, colleagues, friends, colleagues, students; press notices and reviews; programs; Polish community activities; notebooks and journals.