Showing 3596 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

1077 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Land 1993 accession

Consists of correspondence, diaries, addresses, notes, minutes, reports, manuscripts, photoprints, a watercolour, a sketch and an architectural drawing documenting Dr. Land's career as a professor of and administrator in library science at the University of Toronto and as provincial librarian of Ontario.

University of Toronto. Facilities and Services. Property Management, Design and Construction

35mm of architectural drawings for University buildings: Roll 1, Bldg 67, 215 Huron (1959-1993); Bldg 28, School of Architecture (1977-1989); Bldg 19, 21 King's College (1957-1991); Bldg 77, 21 Sussex Ave (1965-1993); Bldg 36, Faculty of Nursing (1973-1988); Bldg 132, Innis College (1974-1980).

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Architectural drawings of University Buildings many of which have been demolished, rented or sold: Old Medical Bldg, Old Biology Bldg., School of Practical Science [old Engineering Building], Old Chemistry Building, 99-101 St. George, 146 St George (women's residence), 205 Avenue Rd. (University of Toronto Schools Athletic Grounds), 67 St. George, 6 Devonshire Place (University Extension), Connaught Medical Research Laboratories, 277 Huron (Victoria Club Curling Rink), 37-39 Wilcocks, 45 Charles St. E (formerly Rare Book Library), original proposal for the New Athletic Complex, 679-681 Spadina Ave., Aura Lee Playing Field and Athletic Club, 100 Queen's Park Cres., Kappa Alpha Lodge, Superintendent's Office (95 St. George), Chemistry Bldg, Trinity College School in Port Hope, early proposals for Robarts Library, 146 St. George, Simcoe Hall, 86 Queen's Park Cres., Queen's Park Cres. Women's Residence, 23 Grange Ave., Kappa Sigma Fraternity House, proposed Innis College.
There are also renovation drawings to existing buildings on campus as well as plans and assessed values of buildings in May 1946.
Three photoprints of the University Bookstore, 1956, one of which shows University College and Student's Administrative Council building.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department. Design, Engineering and Construction Division

Specifications for additions, alterations and renovations to University buildings, 1912-1957: Pathological building, 1928; Examination Hall, 1947; Drill Hall, 1939 and 1947; Canadian School of Missions ( 97 St. George St.), 1929; Electrical building, 1919; Mechanical building, 1946 and 1947; Mill building, 1930; Hygiene Building (1925), swimming pool in north wing (1932), blood serum building and alterations to Hygiene building (1942), addition to south-east wing,(1937); Department of Biochemistry, Medical building, 1955; new library for Wycliffe College, 1929; University of Toronto Press building, 1948; Hart House: extension (n.d.), office waiting room, dressing room, rehersal room, and 'Green Room', 1948; Ontario College of Education building, 1931 and 1957; temporary boiler, U of T, 1946; Toronto Baseball and Athletic Company Ltd. stadium, 1926; south wing of Hygiene building, 1931; University College, 1946; McLennan Laboratories, 1946; David Dunlap Observatory, 1932; Institute of Aerophysics, 1949 and 1951; Varsity Stadium, 1950; Holwood (Flavelle) House, 78 Queen's Park; transformer room under bleachers at n.w. end of Varsity Arena, 1948; University Book Store, 1947; Trinity College chapel, 1953; University College Women's Residence (Whitney Hall), 1930; Economics Building (Mcmaster Hall), 1949 and 1953; Toronto General Hospital, 590-592 University Avenue, 1948; Trinity College, 1921 and 1922 (Queen Street site ?); new Knox College, 1912; Connaught Laboratory, 1926; Botany building heating tunnel, 1931.

University of Toronto. Office of the Bursar

Annotated blue print of the University Park, showing lot surveys to the north of College Street and on the east side of Queen's Park, 1861; elevations of seven buildings, possibly for residences in the University Park, 1861; 2 floor plans and one drawing of Great Hall by John M. Lyle for proposed residence for women at University College, 1920.

University of Toronto. Faculty of Medicine. Office of the Dean

Consists of records of Dean John Dirks, including subject files on companies, committees, associations, institutes, medical chairs, curriculum, departments, faculties, schools, medical specialties, political entities, foreign visits, as well as external review files on hospitals and medical departments and search files for directors, chairs and chiefs.

University of Toronto. Office of the President

Correspondence, memoranda, copies of reports of Presidential
Advisory Committees and Task Forces on Academic Appointments, Athletic Building, Computer Service, Future of Criminology, Gerontology, Information Systems, Music, OISE/Faculty of Education, Pensions, Supplementary Income & Related Activities, Symons Report, Transitional Year Programme, and Women. Includes a file on Canada-USSR Exchange

Merwin Malcolm fonds

  • UTA 1516
  • Fonds
  • 1965- 1973

Documents belonging to Merwin Malcolm who was the project manager for Stone Webster, the company hired to construct Robarts Library. Records relate to the design and building of Robarts Library and include progress photos, design photos and drawings, correspondence, reports and plans.

Malcolm, Merwin

Charles MacKay Willmot Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL 00185
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1922-1929

The collection consists of 43 architectural drawings, blueprints and related materials by Willmot, and include those for four major houses and two commercial buildings in Los Angeles. It also includes two blueprints by his father, Mancel Willmot.

Willmot, Charles MacKay

William Edward Young fonds

  • UTA 1987
  • Fonds
  • 1930-1934

Architectural drawings covering W.E. Young's years as a student in the Faculty of Applied Science. Included is one submitted in his unsuccessful bid for the Darling and Pearson Prize in 1934.

Young, William Edward

James Patrick Hynes Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL 00287 2B Annex
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1868-1953

The collection contains files from the Ontario Association of Architects and the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada. It also contains blueprints from Noulan Cauchon, a noted railway engineer and city planner.

Hynes, James Patrick

William George MacElhinney fonds

  • UTA 1502
  • Fonds
  • 1915-1977

Correspondence, course and lecture notes, manuscripts and articles and blueprints documenting Prof. Macelhinney's career as a chemical engineer.

MacElhinney, William George

Ann E. McJanet fonds

  • UTA 1538
  • Fonds
  • 1955-1959

Fonds consists of 2 accessions

B2007-0001: Sketch books for 2nd and 3rd year assignments,as well as one group photograph of 1st year University of Toronto architecture students, 1955, document Ann McJanet's (nee Hill) time as a student in Architecture, 1955-57. There is also a group photograph of residents of Falconer House for 1955-56. Each photograph has a partially completed key that identifies some of the individuals. 1955-1959

B2008-0024: This accession contains tracings and photocopies of the final presentation drawings of the Danby House in Fallowfield, completed by Ann E. McJanet in her 3rd year of architecture. 1958

McJanet, Ann E.

Frederic Urban fonds

  • UTA 1918
  • Fonds
  • 1962-2007

Personal records of Frederic Urban, artist and lecturer in architecture, documenting his education, teaching and professional activities, particularly from his entering the Nova Scotia School of Art and Design in 1975 through his teaching at the University of Waterloo and the Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design at the University of Toronto. Includes correspondence, notes, teaching materials, files on research in Italy and on exhibitions and performance. Also includes files on visiting lectureships, especially at the Nanjing Institute of Technology/South East University in Nanjing, China (1987-1988), architectural drawings, photographs, slides, posters, publications, film and video.

Urban, Frederic

Results 1 to 50 of 3596