Showing 100026 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

1418 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department fonds

  • UTA 0173
  • Fonds
  • ca. 1839 - 1985

Fonds contains 26 accessions of records from the Physical Plant Department and its predecessor the Office of the Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds. See accession-level descriptions for details.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department. Design, Engineering and Construction Division

Specifications for additions, alterations and renovations to University buildings, 1912-1957: Pathological building, 1928; Examination Hall, 1947; Drill Hall, 1939 and 1947; Canadian School of Missions ( 97 St. George St.), 1929; Electrical building, 1919; Mechanical building, 1946 and 1947; Mill building, 1930; Hygiene Building (1925), swimming pool in north wing (1932), blood serum building and alterations to Hygiene building (1942), addition to south-east wing,(1937); Department of Biochemistry, Medical building, 1955; new library for Wycliffe College, 1929; University of Toronto Press building, 1948; Hart House: extension (n.d.), office waiting room, dressing room, rehersal room, and 'Green Room', 1948; Ontario College of Education building, 1931 and 1957; temporary boiler, U of T, 1946; Toronto Baseball and Athletic Company Ltd. stadium, 1926; south wing of Hygiene building, 1931; University College, 1946; McLennan Laboratories, 1946; David Dunlap Observatory, 1932; Institute of Aerophysics, 1949 and 1951; Varsity Stadium, 1950; Holwood (Flavelle) House, 78 Queen's Park; transformer room under bleachers at n.w. end of Varsity Arena, 1948; University Book Store, 1947; Trinity College chapel, 1953; University College Women's Residence (Whitney Hall), 1930; Economics Building (Mcmaster Hall), 1949 and 1953; Toronto General Hospital, 590-592 University Avenue, 1948; Trinity College, 1921 and 1922 (Queen Street site ?); new Knox College, 1912; Connaught Laboratory, 1926; Botany building heating tunnel, 1931.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Architectural drawings of University Buildings many of which have been demolished, rented or sold: Old Medical Bldg, Old Biology Bldg., School of Practical Science [old Engineering Building], Old Chemistry Building, 99-101 St. George, 146 St George (women's residence), 205 Avenue Rd. (University of Toronto Schools Athletic Grounds), 67 St. George, 6 Devonshire Place (University Extension), Connaught Medical Research Laboratories, 277 Huron (Victoria Club Curling Rink), 37-39 Wilcocks, 45 Charles St. E (formerly Rare Book Library), original proposal for the New Athletic Complex, 679-681 Spadina Ave., Aura Lee Playing Field and Athletic Club, 100 Queen's Park Cres., Kappa Alpha Lodge, Superintendent's Office (95 St. George), Chemistry Bldg, Trinity College School in Port Hope, early proposals for Robarts Library, 146 St. George, Simcoe Hall, 86 Queen's Park Cres., Queen's Park Cres. Women's Residence, 23 Grange Ave., Kappa Sigma Fraternity House, proposed Innis College.
There are also renovation drawings to existing buildings on campus as well as plans and assessed values of buildings in May 1946.
Three photoprints of the University Bookstore, 1956, one of which shows University College and Student's Administrative Council building.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Disbound notebook, scrapbook and other papers relating to the Physical Plant department and the management of buildings including wages, renovations, insurance, campus events, prices, war measure etc... Lists and descriptions of portraits and paintings in the University (1969). Building files containing summary information of a historical and financial nature (with index). Slides taken of West Campus before and during construction, 1956-1959. Includes construction views of the Forestry Building, the Superintendent's Building, the Canadiana Gallery (Archives) and others.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Records of the Planning and Engineering Division, relating to the planning, construction and alteration to campus buildings. Includes correspondence, contracts, architectural drawings, reports, budgets and photographs. Buildings include (not complete): Best Institute, Economics, Superintendant's, Pharmacy (alterations), Ontario College of Education, the International Centre, McClennan Labs (alterations), Medical Science and well as a file on propertied on Gull Lake. There are more architectural drawings of other buildings (see case file for item list). Photographs include contruction views of Sigmund Samuel, Sidney Smith and 215 Huron buildings. There are also mounted photographs of University College and one aerial view of the campus grounds, n.d..

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Records of the Superintendent, H. C. Milne relating to the planning, construction, renovation and opening of campus buildings including correspondence, contracts, progress reports, budgets, architectural drawings and photographs. Buildings include: Medical Sciences, Superintendant's Building Edward Johnson Bldg (Faculty of Music), Robarts Library, Pharmacy, Law, Chemistry Labs, Physics Building's LINAC Labs (Linear Accelerator), Aerospace, New College, Men's Residence, 79 St. George (Women's Union), U of T Press, Faculty of Arts Bldg (Sidney Smith) and files relating to buildings demolished.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Architectural drawings and plans of University buildings including: proposed Museum 1909; Women's Gymnasium and Devonshire Place, ca. 1936-38; University College Residence for the President, 1881; Chemical Laboratory, 1892; Faculty of Education and Pedagogy Bldg (proposed), 1889-1908; Women's Union Gymnasium (proposed), 1928; Old Knox College (Spadina Cres.) 1873; Student's Union and 3rd Gymnasium (1892-1894); Laidlaw Library, 1961; Medical Building. Maps and land use plans of the St. George campus grounds ca. 1889-1948.
Some early records relating to King's College and its lands including a parliamentary bill, land indentures, announcement of the Laying of the Cornerstone, early diplomas etc...
Photographic reproductions of drawings of University College Women's Residence and Old Knox College. Includes slides and photoprints.

Colin Cameron Lucas fonds

  • UTA 1490
  • Fonds
  • 1920-1960

Personal records of Dr. Colin Cameron Lucas, Banting and Best Department of Medical Research: personal and biographical material, papers, research notes and notebooks, correspondence; reprints and other material relating to "Fat Metabolism"; print material; photographic material and prototypes of the Gillespie Drinking Foundation and intubation device.

Lucas, Colin Cameron

Margaret Allemang Centre for the History of Nursing fonds

  • UTA 1489
  • Fonds
  • 1904-2003

This fonds consists of one accession containing the personal records of Margaret Allemang, Muriel Ward, Jean Wilson, Patricia S.B. Stanojevic, Catherine McNaughton, Ethel Irwin, Mary Potts, Muriel Uprichard and Delta and Irene Mick. These records were donated to the Margaret M. Allemang Centre for the History of Nursing Archives by the women themselves or their family members. The records cover a variety of topics relating to the history of nursing such as their own involvement as staff members in the School of Nursing at the University of Toronto, the development of nursing curricula, nurses involvement in World War II, and the study of cardiac patients. The fonds includes correspondence, photographs, research data, oral history interviews, audiocassettes, nurse’s pins and published manuscripts.

Margaret Allemang Centre for the History of Nursing

World War II album

Photograph album containing photographs from World War II. Photographs document the travels of the sisters as they left from Bramshott military hospital, England to go to the tent hospital in El Arrouche. Also includes photographs of the sister’s travels around Italy.

World War II album

Photograph album containing photographs from World War II. Photographs document the travels of the sisters as they left from Kingston military hospital via Halifax for Bramshott, England. Also includes vacation Photographs from England and Ireland and a certificate that entitled Irene Mick to wear a War Service Badge.

CDN nursing articles not mine

File consists of articles and clippings regarding the history of nursing in Canada. These articles were not written by Muriel Uprichard but were collected by her, some are papers submitted by her students. The file also includes a publication entitled “Canadian Nurses Association the First Fifty Years”.

Results 1 to 50 of 100026