Showing 71 results

Archival description
Accession
Print preview View:

University of Toronto. Department of Botany

Report, guest list, speeches, articles and photographs of the opening of the Botany Building (1932); list of donors to the Robert Boyd Thomson Portrait Fund, with plates, screen prints for and photoprints of the portrait (1941); four blueprints for the proposed greenhouse for the Botany Building (1935).

University of Toronto. Department of Civil Engineering

Correspondence (1905-1919) of Peter Gillespie, Professor in and head (1924-1929) of the Department of Civil Engineering, and specialist in concrete and reinforced concrete; includes files relating to sewage sludge treatment (1914). Correspondence (1911-16) of Clarence Richard Young, who succeeded Gillespie as head; correspondence, notes, forms, and reports (1911-1927) relating to the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering's Committee on Aptitude Tests (established in 1920) which he chaired

University of Toronto. Faculty of Forestry

Records of the Deans: B.E. Fernow, C.D. Howe, G.G. Cosens and J.W.B. Sisam (ca. 1907-1971); logging reports (ca. 1909-1964); subject files regarding research, teaching, surveys, associations and institutions related to forestry work (ca. 1907-1971); photographs and lantern slides; maps and publishers' plates.

University of Toronto. Faculty of Medicine. Office of the Dean

Toronto teaching hospitals space surveys and reports (1970), UTHA planning (1973), planning committees (1973-1978); Health Planning Task Force (Mustard Report), CAPUT, enrolment (1974); LCME questionnaire, INCO Joint Occupational Health program, NCI Epidemiology Research Unit (1975-1976); Presidential Advisory Committee on Supplementary Income, OMA (1976); and student records (1961-1966).

University of Toronto. Faculty of Medicine. Office of the Dean

Consists of records of Dean John Dirks, including subject files on companies, committees, associations, institutes, medical chairs, curriculum, departments, faculties, schools, medical specialties, political entities, foreign visits, as well as external review files on hospitals and medical departments and search files for directors, chairs and chiefs.

University of Toronto. Faculty of Music

Subject and correspondence files of the Director of the Royal Conservatory of Music and the Director of Public Relations; records of the Information Officer concerning work of the Concert and Placement Bureau as well as Publicity; also includes architectural drawings and photographs.

Hart House

  • UTA 0120-A1973-0050
  • Accession
  • 1919-1973 (predominant 1950-1973)
  • Part of Hart House fonds

Hart House records: Warden's Office files including committee and club files, the Warden's personal records, staff files, and Vincent Massey records (1919-1973); administrative files of the Comptroller's Office (1929-1955); membership, activity, committee and club files of the Graduate/Undergraduate Office (1955-1973); administrative files of the Reservations Office; architectural drawings; photographs; film and sound recordings.

Hart House

Plans of Hart House, 1911 and simplified floor plans, 1967-68.

University of Toronto. Office of the Bursar

Annotated blue print of the University Park, showing lot surveys to the north of College Street and on the east side of Queen's Park, 1861; elevations of seven buildings, possibly for residences in the University Park, 1861; 2 floor plans and one drawing of Great Hall by John M. Lyle for proposed residence for women at University College, 1920.

University of Toronto. Office of the Vice-President, Business Affairs

Mowat Family powers of attorney (1868, 1870). University buildings files relating to Royal Canadian Institute (1874-1948), University College Y.M.C.A.(1885), St. George Street 1st alleyway (1888-1898), Pathological Building site (1906-1928), Temperance Street Old Veterinary College (1915- 1916), Aura Lee Club at Roxboro Street (1916-1919); also contains 2 architectural drawings.

University of Toronto. Office of the Vice-President (Research and Planning)

Subject files of Vice-President, Research and Planning, (George Connell). Includes minutes, reports, and correspondence with administrative offices, colleges, centres, committees, institute and task force within the university; external associations, councils, government bodies; research files relating to university committees such as copyright, health sciences, human experimentation, policies, cyclotron, gas target neutron generator.

University of Toronto. Office of the Vice-President (Research and Planning)

Subject files of Vice-Pres. Research and Planning (George Connell). Includes minutes, reports and correpondence with administrative and senior executive officers, colleges, faculties, centres, committees, institute and task forces within the university; external associations, councils, government bodies.

University of Toronto. Office of the Assistant Vice President, Student Affairs

Consists of subject files containing minutes, correspondence, agreements, memoranda and notes on Council on Student Affairs, Association of Counsellors, Athletics and Recreation Interdivisional Committee, scholarships, family memberships, Robert Street field. Files on the Varsity Arena renovations also contain architectural plans, tender reports and financial breakdowns

University of Toronto. Office of the President

Correspondence and subject files relating to the presidency of Sidney Earle Smith (1945-1957); subject files of the Assistant to the President, Claude Thomas Bissell (1946-1952); subject files of Bissell (1952-1953); estimates and sessional appointments (1933-1941); minutes of the Carnegie Foundation (ca. 1908-1931). Architectural drawing (1 sheet) of University of Toronto Connaught Laboratories Polio Vaccine Laboratory, 1955

University of Toronto. Office of the President

Consists of subject files, speeches and messages of university presidents from Sidney Smith to John R. Evans (1956-1978), files of the Vice-President Institutional Relations & Planning John Sword (1972-1973), and files of research assistant Frances Ireland (1906-1976). Subject files include budget (1973-1979), submissions to the President's Report (1962-1978), Operating Grants (1968-1979), administrative retreats (1976-1977), materials relating to the Ontario Council on University Affairs (1973-1975), task forces, pension, and various reports.

University of Toronto. Office of the President

Consists of files of the Research Assistant in the Office of the President ( Frances Ireland and secretary Dorothy Robertson) regarding boards, committees and task forces, other universities, presidential speeches; files of the Vice-President Institutional Relations & Planning, as well as minutes of the Simcoe Circle meetings (1972-1978), the Policy and Planning Committee (ca. 1959-1975), and miscellaneous reports on teacher's training, and the Secondary-Post-Secondary Interface Study (1976-1978).

University of Toronto. Office of the President

Correspondence, memoranda, copies of reports of Presidential
Advisory Committees and Task Forces on Academic Appointments, Athletic Building, Computer Service, Future of Criminology, Gerontology, Information Systems, Music, OISE/Faculty of Education, Pensions, Supplementary Income & Related Activities, Symons Report, Transitional Year Programme, and Women. Includes a file on Canada-USSR Exchange

Ontario College of Education

Consists of correspondence of the Deans with the Deputy Minister of Education, University President and Bursar/Chief Accountant (1940-1964), records of the office of the Registrar relating to awards and scholarships, summer school sessions, examination questions (1909-1967), admissions, and medical (physical) examinations (ca. 1946-1965), and subject files of the Office of Director of Practice Teaching (1961-1965). Also includes two architectural drawings.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Architectural drawings and plans of University buildings including: proposed Museum 1909; Women's Gymnasium and Devonshire Place, ca. 1936-38; University College Residence for the President, 1881; Chemical Laboratory, 1892; Faculty of Education and Pedagogy Bldg (proposed), 1889-1908; Women's Union Gymnasium (proposed), 1928; Old Knox College (Spadina Cres.) 1873; Student's Union and 3rd Gymnasium (1892-1894); Laidlaw Library, 1961; Medical Building. Maps and land use plans of the St. George campus grounds ca. 1889-1948.
Some early records relating to King's College and its lands including a parliamentary bill, land indentures, announcement of the Laying of the Cornerstone, early diplomas etc...
Photographic reproductions of drawings of University College Women's Residence and Old Knox College. Includes slides and photoprints.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Disbound notebook, scrapbook and other papers relating to the Physical Plant department and the management of buildings including wages, renovations, insurance, campus events, prices, war measure etc... Lists and descriptions of portraits and paintings in the University (1969). Building files containing summary information of a historical and financial nature (with index). Slides taken of West Campus before and during construction, 1956-1959. Includes construction views of the Forestry Building, the Superintendent's Building, the Canadiana Gallery (Archives) and others.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Architectural drawings of University Buildings many of which have been demolished, rented or sold: Old Medical Bldg, Old Biology Bldg., School of Practical Science [old Engineering Building], Old Chemistry Building, 99-101 St. George, 146 St George (women's residence), 205 Avenue Rd. (University of Toronto Schools Athletic Grounds), 67 St. George, 6 Devonshire Place (University Extension), Connaught Medical Research Laboratories, 277 Huron (Victoria Club Curling Rink), 37-39 Wilcocks, 45 Charles St. E (formerly Rare Book Library), original proposal for the New Athletic Complex, 679-681 Spadina Ave., Aura Lee Playing Field and Athletic Club, 100 Queen's Park Cres., Kappa Alpha Lodge, Superintendent's Office (95 St. George), Chemistry Bldg, Trinity College School in Port Hope, early proposals for Robarts Library, 146 St. George, Simcoe Hall, 86 Queen's Park Cres., Queen's Park Cres. Women's Residence, 23 Grange Ave., Kappa Sigma Fraternity House, proposed Innis College.
There are also renovation drawings to existing buildings on campus as well as plans and assessed values of buildings in May 1946.
Three photoprints of the University Bookstore, 1956, one of which shows University College and Student's Administrative Council building.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Records of the Planning and Engineering Division, relating to the planning, construction and alteration to campus buildings. Includes correspondence, contracts, architectural drawings, reports, budgets and photographs. Buildings include (not complete): Best Institute, Economics, Superintendant's, Pharmacy (alterations), Ontario College of Education, the International Centre, McClennan Labs (alterations), Medical Science and well as a file on propertied on Gull Lake. There are more architectural drawings of other buildings (see case file for item list). Photographs include contruction views of Sigmund Samuel, Sidney Smith and 215 Huron buildings. There are also mounted photographs of University College and one aerial view of the campus grounds, n.d..

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Records of the Superintendent, H. C. Milne relating to the planning, construction, renovation and opening of campus buildings including correspondence, contracts, progress reports, budgets, architectural drawings and photographs. Buildings include: Medical Sciences, Superintendant's Building Edward Johnson Bldg (Faculty of Music), Robarts Library, Pharmacy, Law, Chemistry Labs, Physics Building's LINAC Labs (Linear Accelerator), Aerospace, New College, Men's Residence, 79 St. George (Women's Union), U of T Press, Faculty of Arts Bldg (Sidney Smith) and files relating to buildings demolished.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department. Design, Engineering and Construction Division

Specifications for additions, alterations and renovations to University buildings, 1912-1957: Pathological building, 1928; Examination Hall, 1947; Drill Hall, 1939 and 1947; Canadian School of Missions ( 97 St. George St.), 1929; Electrical building, 1919; Mechanical building, 1946 and 1947; Mill building, 1930; Hygiene Building (1925), swimming pool in north wing (1932), blood serum building and alterations to Hygiene building (1942), addition to south-east wing,(1937); Department of Biochemistry, Medical building, 1955; new library for Wycliffe College, 1929; University of Toronto Press building, 1948; Hart House: extension (n.d.), office waiting room, dressing room, rehersal room, and 'Green Room', 1948; Ontario College of Education building, 1931 and 1957; temporary boiler, U of T, 1946; Toronto Baseball and Athletic Company Ltd. stadium, 1926; south wing of Hygiene building, 1931; University College, 1946; McLennan Laboratories, 1946; David Dunlap Observatory, 1932; Institute of Aerophysics, 1949 and 1951; Varsity Stadium, 1950; Holwood (Flavelle) House, 78 Queen's Park; transformer room under bleachers at n.w. end of Varsity Arena, 1948; University Book Store, 1947; Trinity College chapel, 1953; University College Women's Residence (Whitney Hall), 1930; Economics Building (Mcmaster Hall), 1949 and 1953; Toronto General Hospital, 590-592 University Avenue, 1948; Trinity College, 1921 and 1922 (Queen Street site ?); new Knox College, 1912; Connaught Laboratory, 1926; Botany building heating tunnel, 1931.

Results 1 to 50 of 71