Showing 3575 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

1077 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

University of Toronto. Office of the Bursar

Annotated blue print of the University Park, showing lot surveys to the north of College Street and on the east side of Queen's Park, 1861; elevations of seven buildings, possibly for residences in the University Park, 1861; 2 floor plans and one drawing of Great Hall by John M. Lyle for proposed residence for women at University College, 1920.

University of Toronto. Office of the Bursar fonds

  • UTA 0159
  • Fonds
  • ca. 1814-1942

This fonds contains 4 accessions of records from the Office of the Bursar. See accession-level descriptions for details.

University of Toronto. Office of the Bursar

Hart House

Plans of Hart House, 1911 and simplified floor plans, 1967-68.

Hart House

  • UTA 0120-A1973-0050
  • Accession
  • 1919-1973 (predominant 1950-1973)
  • Part of Hart House fonds

Hart House records: Warden's Office files including committee and club files, the Warden's personal records, staff files, and Vincent Massey records (1919-1973); administrative files of the Comptroller's Office (1929-1955); membership, activity, committee and club files of the Graduate/Undergraduate Office (1955-1973); administrative files of the Reservations Office; architectural drawings; photographs; film and sound recordings.

Hart House fonds

  • UTA 0120
  • Fonds
  • 1870s - 2018

This fonds contains 72 accessions of records from Hart House, including the records of various clubs and groups. See accession-level descriptions for details.

University of Toronto. Hart House

University of Toronto. Faculty of Music

Subject and correspondence files of the Director of the Royal Conservatory of Music and the Director of Public Relations; records of the Information Officer concerning work of the Concert and Placement Bureau as well as Publicity; also includes architectural drawings and photographs.

University of Toronto. Faculty of Medicine. Office of the Dean

Consists of records of Dean John Dirks, including subject files on companies, committees, associations, institutes, medical chairs, curriculum, departments, faculties, schools, medical specialties, political entities, foreign visits, as well as external review files on hospitals and medical departments and search files for directors, chairs and chiefs.

University of Toronto. Faculty of Medicine. Office of the Dean

Toronto teaching hospitals space surveys and reports (1970), UTHA planning (1973), planning committees (1973-1978); Health Planning Task Force (Mustard Report), CAPUT, enrolment (1974); LCME questionnaire, INCO Joint Occupational Health program, NCI Epidemiology Research Unit (1975-1976); Presidential Advisory Committee on Supplementary Income, OMA (1976); and student records (1961-1966).

University of Toronto. Faculty of Medicine fonds

  • UTA 0105
  • Fonds
  • 1880-2016

This fonds consists of 57 accessions from the University of Toronto's Faculty of Medicine. Many of the accessions are from the Office of the Dean, while others are from other administrative units and programs. See accession-level descriptions for more details.

University of Toronto. Faculty of Medicine

University of Toronto. Faculty of Information (iSchool) fonds

  • UTA 0102
  • Fonds
  • 1905-2008

This fonds consists of 14 accessions from the University of Toronto's Faculty of Information (iSchool) and its precursors. See accession-level descriptions for more details.

University of Toronto. Faculty of Information (iSchool)

University of Toronto. Faculty of Forestry

Records of the Deans: B.E. Fernow, C.D. Howe, G.G. Cosens and J.W.B. Sisam (ca. 1907-1971); logging reports (ca. 1909-1964); subject files regarding research, teaching, surveys, associations and institutions related to forestry work (ca. 1907-1971); photographs and lantern slides; maps and publishers' plates.

University of Toronto Mississauga fonds

  • UTA 0088
  • Fonds
  • 1963-2006

This fonds contains 11 accessions of records from the University of Toronto Mississauga, formerly known as Erindale College. See accession-level descriptions for details.

University of Toronto Mississauga

University of Toronto. Department of Civil Engineering

Correspondence (1905-1919) of Peter Gillespie, Professor in and head (1924-1929) of the Department of Civil Engineering, and specialist in concrete and reinforced concrete; includes files relating to sewage sludge treatment (1914). Correspondence (1911-16) of Clarence Richard Young, who succeeded Gillespie as head; correspondence, notes, forms, and reports (1911-1927) relating to the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering's Committee on Aptitude Tests (established in 1920) which he chaired

University of Toronto. Department of Botany

Report, guest list, speeches, articles and photographs of the opening of the Botany Building (1932); list of donors to the Robert Boyd Thomson Portrait Fund, with plates, screen prints for and photoprints of the portrait (1941); four blueprints for the proposed greenhouse for the Botany Building (1935).

University of Toronto. Department of Botany fonds

  • UTA 0036
  • Fonds
  • 1892 - 2002

This fonds contains 6 accessions of records from the Department of Botany. See accession-level descriptions for more details.

University of Toronto. Department of Botany

University of Toronto Libraries. Audiovisual Library fonds

  • UTA 0005
  • Fonds
  • 1970-1996

Fonds contains 1 accession.

A1997-0002: Files kept by Audio-visual Librarian (Liz Avison) document not only the founding of the AVL but also the instructional Media Centre. Consists of correspondence, minutes, reports, policies and procedures, programs, services, committees and task force file.

University of Toronto Libraries. Audiovisual Library

University of Toronto Governing Council

Series A, University of Toronto Governing Council, covers the years 1963 through 2002. The Governing Council is the highest governing body of the University of Toronto. In 1963, the Governing Council drafted A Provisional Plan for Two Off-Campus Colleges in the University of Toronto, which established Scarborough College (later UTSC) and also Erindale College (later the University of Toronto Mississauga, or UTM). The series includes correspondence and address lists for various council members, by-laws for the council, and council minutes from 1973 to 2002. Also included are documents relating to the opening of the College in 1964 for extension courses and the formal opening in 1966. Materials regarding the design and construction of the College, including architectural drawings, are included as well, since the Governing Council oversaw the construction of the initial buildings.

UTSC Archives Legacy collection

  • CA UTSC 002
  • Collection
  • 1949, 1956-2013

The archives contain a range of documentation relating to the foundation, history, and activities of the University of Toronto Scarborough. The materials have been arranged largely by originating department or by medium in the case of publications, photographs, clippings, architectural plans, and artifacts. There are ten series, several of which have subseries:

A. UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO GOVERNING COUNCIL

B. EXECUTIVE AND ADMINISTRATIVE BODIES
B.1. Principal
B.2. Vice-Principal, Research
B.3. Dean and Vice-Principal, Academic
B.4. Assistant/Associate Dean
B.5. Registrar
B.6. Superintendent
B.7. Director of Physical Education
B.8. Director of Educational Communication Systems
B.9. Scarborough College Council
B.10. Office of Advancement / Development Office
B.11. Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment
B.12. Communications & Public Affairs
B.13. Committees with Unknown Office of Origin

C. ACADEMIC DEPARTMENTS AND PROGRAMS
C.1. General Programs in Arts and Science
C.2. Extension Program
C.3. Department of Anthropology
C.4. Department of Arts, Culture & Media
C.5. Department of Biological Sciences
C.6. Department of Computer & Mathematical Sciences

C.7. Department of Critical Development Studies
C.8. Department of English
C.9. Department of French and Linguistics
C.10. Department of Historical and Cultural Studies
C.11. Department of Human Geography
C.12. Department of Management
C.13. Department of Philosophy
C.14. Department of Physical and Environmental Science
C.15. Department of Political Science
C.16. Department of Psychology
C.17. Department of Sociology
C.18. Department of Physical Education

D. SERVICES
D.1. Library
D.2. Scarborough-Erindale Technical Service
D.3. Gallery
D.4. Athletics and Recreation Services
D.5. Physical Plant Services
D.6. Student Services
D.7. Student Organizations
D.8. Alumni Services
D.9. Alumni Organizations
D.10. Faculty and Staff Services
D.11. Faculty and Staff Organizations

E. EXTERNAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION
E.1. History of Scarborough College (various sources)
E.2. University of Toronto – St George and Mississauga campuses
E.3. Centennial College
E.4. Durham College
E.5. Scarborough Regional School of Nursing
E.6. University of the West Indies
E.7. Trent University
E.8. City of Scarborough
E.9. Clippings and Scrapbooks

F. PHOTOGRAPHS AND MICROFILM
F.1. Photographs
F.2. Microforms

University of Toronto. Scarborough Campus.

The Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS Coll. 00403B
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1801 - 1937

The second accession of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Papers includes predominantly textual (handwritten and typescript) material relating to the administration and operation of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company and the Niagara Falls International Bridge Company during the years 1801 – 1937 (bulk 1835-1937).

Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company

James Balfour Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL MS Mapcase
  • Manuscript Collection
  • [188-]-[190-]

Four architectural drawings by James Balfour (1854-1917) who practised as an architect in Hamilton from 1876 to 1905. The drawings were executed for George A. Grover of Hamilton. One plan is dated 1883. The others are undated. Two receipts, dated 1884, are also included.

Balfour, James

Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL 00568
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1846-1937

The Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge fonds consists primarily of textual records that document the developmental phases and operation of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge, and the administrative activities of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company and the Niagara Falls International Bridge Company Joint Board of Directors. As these records document the lifespan of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge from conception to destruction, they also show the operational progress and administrative history of the conjoined bridge company and Board of Directors. Included is a large collection of handwritten letters and early telegram correspondance authored by and addressed to various members of the Joint Board of Directors, engineers, attorneys, and representatives from the Great Western Railroad Company and the New York, Lake Erie, and Western Railroad Company. Of note is the glut of professional correspondance between William Hamilton Merritt, Charles Brydges, William Swan, and various engineers involved with the concept, construction, and renewals of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge, including Charles Ellet, Jr., Samuel Keefer, John Augustus Roebling, and Leffert Lefferts Buck.The fonds also includes textual records that document financial and business transactions between the conjoined bridge company, engineers, and merchants. Many of the latter bear historical company letterheads and insignia, including those of the Detroit Bridge and Ironworks Co., the Hamilton Bridge and Tool Company, the First National Bank of Albion (NY), and the Grand Trunk and Great Western Railroads. Further records document the internal administration of the conjoined bridge company and the interactions of the Board of Directors and executives, including internal financial records, engineering drafts, and executive meeting reports. In the interest of provenance, a small amount of ephemeral material, including photographs, postcards, stamps, and miscellaneous correspondance addressed to Glenn C. Way of 1631 Niagara Avenue, Niagara Falls, New York (1902 -1917), Charles H. Stringer (Clifton Hotel Accountant) of 1259 Heywood Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario, and c/o the Clifton Hotel (1902 -1931) is also maintained within the fonds.

Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company

James Patrick Hynes Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL 00287 2B Annex
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1868-1953

The collection contains files from the Ontario Association of Architects and the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada. It also contains blueprints from Noulan Cauchon, a noted railway engineer and city planner.

Hynes, James Patrick

Anthony Salvin Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL 00249
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1828-[ca. 1862]

The collection consists of architectural drawings for various projects by the British architect Salvin. Drawings are either executed by Salvin himself or by other architects or draughtsmen in his office. Additional material includes: 8 photographs of Salvin projects; 5 drawings by Salvin's wife, Anne Andrews (Nesfield) Salvin; a catalogue of Salvin's library at Elmshurst; and engravings of British cathedrals.

Salvin, Anthony

George M. Miller and William J. Miller Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL 00194
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1883-1952

This collection consists of architectural drawings and other documentation for buildings designed by Toronto architect George M. Miller and his son William J. Miller. Additional documentation includes microfilms of G.M. Miller's ledger books (1894-1912), as well as correspondence, specifications and other materials for several of the buildings designed by Miller of his son. It also includes photographs of many of the buildings designed by Miller and a small amount of biographical material.

Miller, George M.

Charles MacKay Willmot Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS COLL 00185
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1922-1929

The collection consists of 43 architectural drawings, blueprints and related materials by Willmot, and include those for four major houses and two commercial buildings in Los Angeles. It also includes two blueprints by his father, Mancel Willmot.

Willmot, Charles MacKay

Herman Geiger-Torel collection

  • CA OTUFM 05
  • Collection
  • 1934-1976

Collection consists of Herman Geiger-Torel's library of piano-vocal scores, including his markings and notes for Canadian Opera Company productions.

Geiger-Torel, Herman

Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.). Bursar's Office fonds

  • CA ON00357 2001
  • Fonds
  • 1831-2017

Fonds consists of the records from the Upper Canada Academy and the period when Victoria University (formerly College) was situated in Cobourg. It includes records of the Academy Treasurer, John Beatty and of the Bursars/Treasurers, John Potts and George Cox.

Subsequent records are from the Bursars of Victoria University:
W.J. Little (1932-1951)
W.C. James (1951-1963)
F.C. Stokes (1963-1985)
Larry Kurtz, (1985-2003)
David Keeling (2004-2009)
Ray deSouza (Present)

Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.). Bursar's Office

2013.007 accrual (Degrassi Junior High)

Fonds consists of material pertaining to three seasons of production of the half-hour television series Degrassi Junior High. The show ran from 1987 – 1989, and all 42 episodes were broadcast on CBC television. The collection consists of 148 of material spanning all 3 seasons of the show. The fonds is divided into 2 series: Corporate Records and Post-Production Records.

The first series, Corporate Records, consists of 29 boxes. These include correspondence/memos, fan mail, budgets, scripts, promotional materials, financial and banking records, sponsor files, production and continuity stills, character files, permits, legal documents, insurance documents, and music cue sheets.

The second series, Audiovisual Records, consists of 119 boxes. These include original negative, interpositive, A&B rolls, optical soundtrack, raw shoot tapes, raw audio tapes, audio stems, voiceovers, music, master mix audio, edits, various masters, and promo reels. Textual documents include sound notes/charts, editing/mix notes and credits.

The material has retained its original arrangement.

This fonds includes textual material relating to the following productions:

Degrassi Junior High (Television, 1987-1989)

This fonds also includes audiovisual material relating to the following productions:

Degrassi Junior High (Television, 1987 – 1989)

Epitome Pictures Inc.

2012.003 accrual (the Kids of Degrassi Street)

Fonds consists of material pertaining to first four short films that grew into the series and the subsequent season of production of the half-hour television series The Kids of Degrassi Street. The show ran from 1979 – 1984, and all 4 short films and 22 episodes were broadcast on CBC television. The collection consists of 121 boxes of material spanning all episodes of the show. The fonds is divided into 2 series: Corporate Records and Post-Production Records.

The first series, Corporate Records, consists of 15 boxes. These include correspondence/memos, resumes and bios, fan mail, budgets, scripts, promotional materials, teaching aids, financial and banking records, sponsor files, production and continuity stills, character files, legal documents, insurance documents, music cue sheets, and architectural drawings.

The second series, Post-Production Records, consists of 20 boxes. These include 16 mm original negative, interpositive, A&B rolls, optical soundtrack, music, master mix audio, edits, various masters, and promo reels. Textual documents include sound notes/charts, editing/mix notes and credits.

The material has retained its original arrangement.

This fonds includes textual material relating to the following productions:

The Kids of Degrassi Street (Television, 1979-1984)

This fonds also includes audiovisual material relating to the following productions:

The Kids of Degrassi Street (Television, 1979 - 1984)

Epitome Pictures Inc.

Results 201 to 250 of 3575