- UTA 1809
Engineering drawings related to mechanical engineering course work.
Stewart, Ross Oliff
Engineering drawings related to mechanical engineering course work.
Stewart, Ross Oliff
Fonds consists of 2 accessions
B1986-0025: Manuscripts and published copies of address and proposal by T. Kennard Thomson, consulting engineer, relating to hydroelectric development including map, plan and photograph of the Peace Bridge and other projects. (1 box, 1917-1920)
B1993-0027: Correspondence, certificates, reports, programmes, articles, photoprints, glass negatives, lantern, slides and architectural drawings documenting Kennard Thomson's career as a consulting engineer in New York and elsewhere and his relationship with the University of Toronto Engineering Society which he founded. (6 boxes and numerous oversize folders, 1871-1952)
Thomson, Thomas Kennard
Personal records of James E. Till, consisting primarily of correspondence, honours and awards, teaching materials, research and administrative files, manuscripts and addresses (including slides), interviews, and photographs, documenting Dr. Till's career as a professor of medical biophysics at the University of Toronto and as a cancer specialist. Includes files on the Centre (later Joint Centre) for Bioethics and the Department of Medical Biophysics at the University of Toronto, the Canadian Cancer Society and the Ontario Cancer Institute /Princess Margaret Hospital.
Till, James E.
Personal records of Frederic Urban, artist and lecturer in architecture, documenting his education, teaching and professional activities, particularly from his entering the Nova Scotia School of Art and Design in 1975 through his teaching at the University of Waterloo and the Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design at the University of Toronto. Includes correspondence, notes, teaching materials, files on research in Italy and on exhibitions and performance. Also includes files on visiting lectureships, especially at the Nanjing Institute of Technology/South East University in Nanjing, China (1987-1988), architectural drawings, photographs, slides, posters, publications, film and video.
Thesis report and drawings by Charles Worsley, student in the Department of Architecture through the early 1940s entitled "Proposals for the future development of the town of Weston and its surrounding area".
Worsley, Charles R.
Architectural drawings covering W.E. Young's years as a student in the Faculty of Applied Science. Included is one submitted in his unsuccessful bid for the Darling and Pearson Prize in 1934.
Young, William Edward
Fonds consists of the records from the Upper Canada Academy and the period when Victoria University (formerly College) was situated in Cobourg. It includes records of the Academy Treasurer, John Beatty and of the Bursars/Treasurers, John Potts and George Cox.
Subsequent records are from the Bursars of Victoria University:
W.J. Little (1932-1951)
W.C. James (1951-1963)
F.C. Stokes (1963-1985)
Larry Kurtz, (1985-2003)
David Keeling (2004-2009)
Ray deSouza (Present)
Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.). Bursar's Office
Architectural records are plans, drawings, blueprints, or other graphic or visual documents used in the
design and construction of buildings, landscapes, or other manmade objects. Architectural records are the
result of a lengthy process of gathering and refining data in order to prepare a design and produce final
construction drawings and plans. Using surveys of the construction site, the architect produces rough
sketches and diagrams of the proposed building. Preliminary drawings are then prepared and revised. The
final construction drawings include minute details about size, scale, structural systems, electrical wiring,
plumbing, heating, and air conditioning systems, as well as interior and exterior finishes. The final plans,
prepared by a photochemical process, might be reproduced several times, and might be revised as
The architectural records in this finding aid are listed chronologically, by series number, name of project,
name of architect/architectural firm, and number of items. They have been arranged chronologically,
according to date of building project. Each project constitutes a records subseries. Each subseries has
been described according to name of building project, name of architect/architectural firm, and date span.
Within each subseries, the records divide themselves into files according to type of drawing, such as
sketches, mechanical plans, or detailed drawings. The architect's original organization and system of
numbering has been maintained. When this information has been unavailable, the records have been
organized by date and subject.
Trinity College Archives
The collection consists of 43 architectural drawings, blueprints and related materials by Willmot, and include those for four major houses and two commercial buildings in Los Angeles. It also includes two blueprints by his father, Mancel Willmot.
Willmot, Charles MacKay
This collection consists of architectural drawings and other documentation for buildings designed by Toronto architect George M. Miller and his son William J. Miller. Additional documentation includes microfilms of G.M. Miller's ledger books (1894-1912), as well as correspondence, specifications and other materials for several of the buildings designed by Miller of his son. It also includes photographs of many of the buildings designed by Miller and a small amount of biographical material.
Miller, George M.
The collection consists of architectural drawings for various projects by the British architect Salvin. Drawings are either executed by Salvin himself or by other architects or draughtsmen in his office. Additional material includes: 8 photographs of Salvin projects; 5 drawings by Salvin's wife, Anne Andrews (Nesfield) Salvin; a catalogue of Salvin's library at Elmshurst; and engravings of British cathedrals.
The collection contains files from the Ontario Association of Architects and the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada. It also contains blueprints from Noulan Cauchon, a noted railway engineer and city planner.
Hynes, James Patrick
The Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge fonds consists primarily of textual records that document the developmental phases and operation of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge, and the administrative activities of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company and the Niagara Falls International Bridge Company Joint Board of Directors. As these records document the lifespan of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge from conception to destruction, they also show the operational progress and administrative history of the conjoined bridge company and Board of Directors. Included is a large collection of handwritten letters and early telegram correspondance authored by and addressed to various members of the Joint Board of Directors, engineers, attorneys, and representatives from the Great Western Railroad Company and the New York, Lake Erie, and Western Railroad Company. Of note is the glut of professional correspondance between William Hamilton Merritt, Charles Brydges, William Swan, and various engineers involved with the concept, construction, and renewals of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge, including Charles Ellet, Jr., Samuel Keefer, John Augustus Roebling, and Leffert Lefferts Buck.The fonds also includes textual records that document financial and business transactions between the conjoined bridge company, engineers, and merchants. Many of the latter bear historical company letterheads and insignia, including those of the Detroit Bridge and Ironworks Co., the Hamilton Bridge and Tool Company, the First National Bank of Albion (NY), and the Grand Trunk and Great Western Railroads. Further records document the internal administration of the conjoined bridge company and the interactions of the Board of Directors and executives, including internal financial records, engineering drafts, and executive meeting reports. In the interest of provenance, a small amount of ephemeral material, including photographs, postcards, stamps, and miscellaneous correspondance addressed to Glenn C. Way of 1631 Niagara Avenue, Niagara Falls, New York (1902 -1917), Charles H. Stringer (Clifton Hotel Accountant) of 1259 Heywood Avenue, Niagara Falls, Ontario, and c/o the Clifton Hotel (1902 -1931) is also maintained within the fonds.
Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company
Four architectural drawings by James Balfour (1854-1917) who practised as an architect in Hamilton from 1876 to 1905. The drawings were executed for George A. Grover of Hamilton. One plan is dated 1883. The others are undated. Two receipts, dated 1884, are also included.