Showing 3596 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

1077 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

2013.007 accrual (Degrassi Junior High)

Fonds consists of material pertaining to three seasons of production of the half-hour television series Degrassi Junior High. The show ran from 1987 – 1989, and all 42 episodes were broadcast on CBC television. The collection consists of 148 of material spanning all 3 seasons of the show. The fonds is divided into 2 series: Corporate Records and Post-Production Records.

The first series, Corporate Records, consists of 29 boxes. These include correspondence/memos, fan mail, budgets, scripts, promotional materials, financial and banking records, sponsor files, production and continuity stills, character files, permits, legal documents, insurance documents, and music cue sheets.

The second series, Audiovisual Records, consists of 119 boxes. These include original negative, interpositive, A&B rolls, optical soundtrack, raw shoot tapes, raw audio tapes, audio stems, voiceovers, music, master mix audio, edits, various masters, and promo reels. Textual documents include sound notes/charts, editing/mix notes and credits.

The material has retained its original arrangement.

This fonds includes textual material relating to the following productions:

Degrassi Junior High (Television, 1987-1989)

This fonds also includes audiovisual material relating to the following productions:

Degrassi Junior High (Television, 1987 – 1989)

Epitome Pictures Inc.

2012.003 accrual (the Kids of Degrassi Street)

Fonds consists of material pertaining to first four short films that grew into the series and the subsequent season of production of the half-hour television series The Kids of Degrassi Street. The show ran from 1979 – 1984, and all 4 short films and 22 episodes were broadcast on CBC television. The collection consists of 121 boxes of material spanning all episodes of the show. The fonds is divided into 2 series: Corporate Records and Post-Production Records.

The first series, Corporate Records, consists of 15 boxes. These include correspondence/memos, resumes and bios, fan mail, budgets, scripts, promotional materials, teaching aids, financial and banking records, sponsor files, production and continuity stills, character files, legal documents, insurance documents, music cue sheets, and architectural drawings.

The second series, Post-Production Records, consists of 20 boxes. These include 16 mm original negative, interpositive, A&B rolls, optical soundtrack, music, master mix audio, edits, various masters, and promo reels. Textual documents include sound notes/charts, editing/mix notes and credits.

The material has retained its original arrangement.

This fonds includes textual material relating to the following productions:

The Kids of Degrassi Street (Television, 1979-1984)

This fonds also includes audiovisual material relating to the following productions:

The Kids of Degrassi Street (Television, 1979 - 1984)

Epitome Pictures Inc.

Architectural Records Collection

  • CA OTTCA F1029
  • Collection
  • 1857 - 2008

Architectural records are plans, drawings, blueprints, or other graphic or visual documents used in the
design and construction of buildings, landscapes, or other manmade objects. Architectural records are the
result of a lengthy process of gathering and refining data in order to prepare a design and produce final
construction drawings and plans. Using surveys of the construction site, the architect produces rough
sketches and diagrams of the proposed building. Preliminary drawings are then prepared and revised. The
final construction drawings include minute details about size, scale, structural systems, electrical wiring,
plumbing, heating, and air conditioning systems, as well as interior and exterior finishes. The final plans,
prepared by a photochemical process, might be reproduced several times, and might be revised as
construction progresses.
The architectural records in this finding aid are listed chronologically, by series number, name of project,
name of architect/architectural firm, and number of items. They have been arranged chronologically,
according to date of building project. Each project constitutes a records subseries. Each subseries has
been described according to name of building project, name of architect/architectural firm, and date span.
Within each subseries, the records divide themselves into files according to type of drawing, such as
sketches, mechanical plans, or detailed drawings. The architect's original organization and system of
numbering has been maintained. When this information has been unavailable, the records have been
organized by date and subject.

Trinity College Archives

Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.). Bursar's Office fonds

  • CA ON00357 2001
  • Fonds
  • 1831-2017

Fonds consists of the records from the Upper Canada Academy and the period when Victoria University (formerly College) was situated in Cobourg. It includes records of the Academy Treasurer, John Beatty and of the Bursars/Treasurers, John Potts and George Cox.

Subsequent records are from the Bursars of Victoria University:
W.J. Little (1932-1951)
W.C. James (1951-1963)
F.C. Stokes (1963-1985)
Larry Kurtz, (1985-2003)
David Keeling (2004-2009)
Ray deSouza (Present)

Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.). Bursar's Office

The Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Papers

  • CA OTUTF MS Coll. 00403B
  • Manuscript Collection
  • 1801 - 1937

The second accession of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Papers includes predominantly textual (handwritten and typescript) material relating to the administration and operation of the Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company and the Niagara Falls International Bridge Company during the years 1801 – 1937 (bulk 1835-1937).

Niagara Falls Suspension Bridge Company

UTSC Archives Legacy collection

  • CA UTSC 002
  • Collection
  • 1949, 1956-2018

The archives contain a range of documentation relating to the foundation, history, and activities of the University of Toronto Scarborough. The materials have been arranged largely by originating department or by medium in the case of publications, photographs, clippings, architectural plans, and artifacts. There are ten series, several of which have subseries:

A. UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO GOVERNING COUNCIL

B. EXECUTIVE AND ADMINISTRATIVE BODIES
B.1. Principal
B.2. Vice-Principal, Research
B.3. Dean and Vice-Principal, Academic
B.4. Assistant/Associate Dean
B.5. Registrar
B.6. Superintendent
B.7. Director of Physical Education
B.8. Director of Educational Communication Systems
B.9. Scarborough College Council
B.10. Office of Advancement / Development Office
B.11. Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment
B.12. Communications & Public Affairs
B.13. Committees with Unknown Office of Origin

C. ACADEMIC DEPARTMENTS AND PROGRAMS
C.1. General Programs in Arts and Science
C.2. Extension Program
C.3. Department of Anthropology
C.4. Department of Arts, Culture & Media
C.5. Department of Biological Sciences
C.6. Department of Computer & Mathematical Sciences

C.7. Department of Critical Development Studies
C.8. Department of English
C.9. Department of French and Linguistics
C.10. Department of Historical and Cultural Studies
C.11. Department of Human Geography
C.12. Department of Management
C.13. Department of Philosophy
C.14. Department of Physical and Environmental Science
C.15. Department of Political Science
C.16. Department of Psychology
C.17. Department of Sociology
C.18. Department of Physical Education

D. SERVICES
D.1. Library
D.2. Scarborough-Erindale Technical Service
D.3. Gallery
D.4. Athletics and Recreation Services
D.5. Physical Plant Services
D.6. Student Services
D.7. Student Organizations
D.8. Alumni Services
D.9. Alumni Organizations
D.10. Faculty and Staff Services
D.11. Faculty and Staff Organizations

E. EXTERNAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION
E.1. History of Scarborough College (various sources)
E.2. University of Toronto – St George and Mississauga campuses
E.3. Centennial College
E.4. Durham College
E.5. Scarborough Regional School of Nursing
E.6. University of the West Indies
E.7. Trent University
E.8. City of Scarborough
E.9. Clippings and Scrapbooks

F. PHOTOGRAPHS AND MICROFILM
F.1. Photographs
F.2. Microforms

University of Toronto. Scarborough Campus.

Robert Allan Spencer fonds

  • UTA 1797
  • Fonds
  • 1919-2012

This fonds documents the administrative and teaching duties of Robert Spencer, as a Professor Emeritus of History and a specialist in European history, especially German history in the 19th and 20th centuries. They also document his education and his participation in World War II; his extensive international research, publications and speaking engagements; as well as his involvement with professional associations and organizations such as the University of Toronto Contingent, Canadian Officers Training Corps (COTC), the International Studies Programme and the Graduate Centre for International Studies, Altantik-Brücke, and the Conference on Security and Co-operation in Europe (CSCE). Included is personal correspondence, correspondence with international organizations, government departments, embassies and consulates; lecture notes; manuscripts and addresses.

Also present are two sous-fonds. The first is the personal papers of his wife, Ruth Margaret Church Spencer, who served with the Women’s Royal Canadian Naval Service (WRENS) during World War II as a base librarian and afterwards as the first professional librarian at Canada House in London. The second consists of files compiled by Ralph Flenley, a specialist in German history and sometime chair of the Department of History: examination questions, student mark books, and drafts of an unpublished manuscript on Anglo-German relations.

Spencer, Robert Allan

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department fonds

  • UTA 0173
  • Fonds
  • ca. 1839 - 1985

Fonds contains 26 accessions of records from the Physical Plant Department and its predecessor the Office of the Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds. See accession-level descriptions for details.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department. Design, Engineering and Construction Division

Specifications for additions, alterations and renovations to University buildings, 1912-1957: Pathological building, 1928; Examination Hall, 1947; Drill Hall, 1939 and 1947; Canadian School of Missions ( 97 St. George St.), 1929; Electrical building, 1919; Mechanical building, 1946 and 1947; Mill building, 1930; Hygiene Building (1925), swimming pool in north wing (1932), blood serum building and alterations to Hygiene building (1942), addition to south-east wing,(1937); Department of Biochemistry, Medical building, 1955; new library for Wycliffe College, 1929; University of Toronto Press building, 1948; Hart House: extension (n.d.), office waiting room, dressing room, rehersal room, and 'Green Room', 1948; Ontario College of Education building, 1931 and 1957; temporary boiler, U of T, 1946; Toronto Baseball and Athletic Company Ltd. stadium, 1926; south wing of Hygiene building, 1931; University College, 1946; McLennan Laboratories, 1946; David Dunlap Observatory, 1932; Institute of Aerophysics, 1949 and 1951; Varsity Stadium, 1950; Holwood (Flavelle) House, 78 Queen's Park; transformer room under bleachers at n.w. end of Varsity Arena, 1948; University Book Store, 1947; Trinity College chapel, 1953; University College Women's Residence (Whitney Hall), 1930; Economics Building (Mcmaster Hall), 1949 and 1953; Toronto General Hospital, 590-592 University Avenue, 1948; Trinity College, 1921 and 1922 (Queen Street site ?); new Knox College, 1912; Connaught Laboratory, 1926; Botany building heating tunnel, 1931.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Architectural drawings of University Buildings many of which have been demolished, rented or sold: Old Medical Bldg, Old Biology Bldg., School of Practical Science [old Engineering Building], Old Chemistry Building, 99-101 St. George, 146 St George (women's residence), 205 Avenue Rd. (University of Toronto Schools Athletic Grounds), 67 St. George, 6 Devonshire Place (University Extension), Connaught Medical Research Laboratories, 277 Huron (Victoria Club Curling Rink), 37-39 Wilcocks, 45 Charles St. E (formerly Rare Book Library), original proposal for the New Athletic Complex, 679-681 Spadina Ave., Aura Lee Playing Field and Athletic Club, 100 Queen's Park Cres., Kappa Alpha Lodge, Superintendent's Office (95 St. George), Chemistry Bldg, Trinity College School in Port Hope, early proposals for Robarts Library, 146 St. George, Simcoe Hall, 86 Queen's Park Cres., Queen's Park Cres. Women's Residence, 23 Grange Ave., Kappa Sigma Fraternity House, proposed Innis College.
There are also renovation drawings to existing buildings on campus as well as plans and assessed values of buildings in May 1946.
Three photoprints of the University Bookstore, 1956, one of which shows University College and Student's Administrative Council building.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Disbound notebook, scrapbook and other papers relating to the Physical Plant department and the management of buildings including wages, renovations, insurance, campus events, prices, war measure etc... Lists and descriptions of portraits and paintings in the University (1969). Building files containing summary information of a historical and financial nature (with index). Slides taken of West Campus before and during construction, 1956-1959. Includes construction views of the Forestry Building, the Superintendent's Building, the Canadiana Gallery (Archives) and others.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Records of the Planning and Engineering Division, relating to the planning, construction and alteration to campus buildings. Includes correspondence, contracts, architectural drawings, reports, budgets and photographs. Buildings include (not complete): Best Institute, Economics, Superintendant's, Pharmacy (alterations), Ontario College of Education, the International Centre, McClennan Labs (alterations), Medical Science and well as a file on propertied on Gull Lake. There are more architectural drawings of other buildings (see case file for item list). Photographs include contruction views of Sigmund Samuel, Sidney Smith and 215 Huron buildings. There are also mounted photographs of University College and one aerial view of the campus grounds, n.d..

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Records of the Superintendent, H. C. Milne relating to the planning, construction, renovation and opening of campus buildings including correspondence, contracts, progress reports, budgets, architectural drawings and photographs. Buildings include: Medical Sciences, Superintendant's Building Edward Johnson Bldg (Faculty of Music), Robarts Library, Pharmacy, Law, Chemistry Labs, Physics Building's LINAC Labs (Linear Accelerator), Aerospace, New College, Men's Residence, 79 St. George (Women's Union), U of T Press, Faculty of Arts Bldg (Sidney Smith) and files relating to buildings demolished.

University of Toronto. Physical Plant Department

Architectural drawings and plans of University buildings including: proposed Museum 1909; Women's Gymnasium and Devonshire Place, ca. 1936-38; University College Residence for the President, 1881; Chemical Laboratory, 1892; Faculty of Education and Pedagogy Bldg (proposed), 1889-1908; Women's Union Gymnasium (proposed), 1928; Old Knox College (Spadina Cres.) 1873; Student's Union and 3rd Gymnasium (1892-1894); Laidlaw Library, 1961; Medical Building. Maps and land use plans of the St. George campus grounds ca. 1889-1948.
Some early records relating to King's College and its lands including a parliamentary bill, land indentures, announcement of the Laying of the Cornerstone, early diplomas etc...
Photographic reproductions of drawings of University College Women's Residence and Old Knox College. Includes slides and photoprints.

Herman Geiger-Torel collection

  • CA OTUFM 05
  • Collection
  • 1934-1976

Collection consists of Herman Geiger-Torel's library of piano-vocal scores, including his markings and notes for Canadian Opera Company productions.

Geiger-Torel, Herman

University of Toronto. University College Archives

This accession contains material collected by the University College Archives. Most of the records have been collected and donated over the course of the College's existence, and range from personal records of prominent faculty members (Barker Fairley, George Needler, John McCaul), and various University College departments and committees, to more ephemeral and biographical reference material generally relating to the College. The accession also contains a large amount of photographs and sounds and moving images, as well as artifacts from the College.

University of Toronto Art Centre (UTAC)

This accession contains Art Committee meeting minutes, reports and memorandas. The accesion also contains correspondence from the office of the Director Ken Bartlett and Art Curators Dr. Elizabeth and Liz Wylie, Directors Joan Randall and Sheila Campbell, and from the office of Peter Richardson, Principal of University College. Also contains architectural drawings of the Art Gallery, the Art Centre, and the Malcove Gallery.

University of Toronto Art Centre (UTAC) fonds

  • UTA 0252
  • Fonds
  • 1979-2004

This fonds contains 1 accession of records from the University of Toronto Art Centre (UTAC). See accession-level descriptions for details.

University of Toronto Art Centre (UTAC)

University of Toronto Libraries. Reference Department fonds

  • UTA 0282
  • Fonds
  • 1941-1975

This fonds contains 8 accessions from the Reference Department (officially Robarts Reference & Research Services). See accession-level descriptions for details.

University of Toronto Libraries

Mathers & Haldenby fonds

  • UTA 1530
  • Fonds
  • 1930-1990

Architectural drawings relating to buildings designed by Mathers & Haldenby, Architects for the University of Toronto including 21 King's College Circle (Bookshop), Archives Building (Canadiana Gallery), Botany Building (Tanz Neuroscience), Connaught Labs (1 Spadina Crescent and Dufferin Divisions), David Dunlap Observatory, Forestry building, Hygiene and Public Health Building (Fitzgerald), Sir Daniel Wilson Residence, Power House Building, Rosebrugh Building, Robarts Library, Sigmund Samuel Library, Simcoe Hall, South Borden Building, Thermodynamics building, University College, and Whitney Hall.

Also includes drawings for 2 private residences.

Mathers & Haldenby, Architects

University of Toronto. University College fonds

  • UTA 0213
  • Fonds
  • ca. 1820s - ca. 2000

This fonds contains 19 accessions from University College. See accession-level descriptions for more details.

University of Toronto. University College

University of Toronto. Faculty of Information (iSchool) fonds

  • UTA 0102
  • Fonds
  • 1905-2008

This fonds consists of 14 accessions from the University of Toronto's Faculty of Information (iSchool) and its precursors. See accession-level descriptions for more details.

University of Toronto. Faculty of Information (iSchool)

Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) at the University of Toronto fonds

  • UTA 0171
  • Fonds
  • 1877-2016

This fonds contains 85 accessions from the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) and its predecessors, the Faculty of Education and the Ontario College of Education. See accession-level descriptions for more details.

Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) at the University of Toronto

Adena Nevitt Black sous-fonds

This sous-fonds contain Adena Black’s diaries from the time of her marriage through the First World War, followed by correspondence from family members, her mother-in-law, Margaret Davidson, and, especially from her husband, Davidson. There are also a few letters from friends, some of whom, like the Houghtons, were associated with the Peking Union Medical School. The correspondence is grouped by family and, from Davidson, is arranged chronologically.

Also present are files documenting some of Adena’s activities in China and, in particular, her attempts to market Chinese-made objects, initially through a partnership with Daisy and Marion Boulton in Toronto (1924-1928) and latterly (1931-1934) through the Peking Temples Company, incorporated in Wilmington, Delaware in 1931. The goods were sold through a store in Port Carling in Muskoka, and through other venues. These files contain correspondence, and financial records and, for the Peking Temples Company, incorporation documents.

This sous-fonds ends with correspondence relating to the death of Davidson Black, tributes to him, and the design for and photographs of his grave. There are also files documenting Adena’s final years in China, including some on her husband’s library, her continuing interest in the fate of the Peking Union Medical School, and the writing of Dora Hood’s biography of her husband.

Black, Adena

Results 1 to 50 of 3596