- 1896-1963 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
5 cm of textual records
Name of creator
A committee was formed in November 1896 at a meeting of the Missionary and Theological Association to make arrangements for a January Reunion of Divinity Students of Trinity College. This became a yearly event known as the Clerical Alumni and Associates Conference and Reunion. From 1922 the Conference was held in September, except in the years 1931 and 1943 when the General Synod met in Toronto. The lectures endowed by the late Dean George Lothrop Starr were an important feature of these conferences. For nearly 20 years Rev. and Mrs. Harry S. Musson gave a reception for delegates and their wives at the Toronto Hunt Club.
In 1985 the Clerical Alumni became the Trinity College Divinity Associates.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Materials assumed from the Office of Convocation at Trinity College
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Fonds consists of Conference programmes for some years. Also included is the first minute book of the group from its inception until 1913.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Materials have been arranged by the archivist.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Minute book is fragile - use photocopy for research use
Conditions governing reproduction
Copyright held by Trinity College.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
A photocopy of the minute book is included for the use of researchers, due to the frailty of the original.
Uploaded finding aid
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Dates of creation revision deletion