- July 23, 2020 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
4 MP4 files
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
File consists of a recording of the recital, which was part of the Summer Thursdays at Noon series, hosted by Korin Thomas-Smith, baritone and recent graduate of the Faculty of Music (MMus 2020). The series was streamed online over Zoom due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Performers: Leslie Newman, flute
- Suite for flute and piano, op. 34. Movements I and IV / Charles-Marie Widor (with Peter Longworth, piano)
- Partita in A minor for solo flute, BWV 1013. Corrente / Johann Sebastian Bach
- Concerto no. 1 for flute and strings, op. 45. Con fuoco / Malcolm Arnold (with Manitoba Chamber Orchestra ; Simon Streatfeild, conductor)
- Passacaglia for solo flute / Ernst von Dohnanyi
- Thais. Meditation / Jules Massenet (with John Lenehan, piano).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
For a digital streaming copy of this concert, please contact the Music Library.
Related units of description
Program included in online events calendar for the Faculty of Music only. No PDF or printed program provided.
Passacaglia for solo flute / Ernst von Dohnanyi listed on program but not performed.