Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1894-1997, predominant 1950-1977 (Creation)
Physical description area
2 sounds disks : 33 1/3 rpm, microgroove ; 12 in.
1 reel to reel audio tape
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Committee was formed to stage the Bob Revue, an annual presentation in honour of Robert Beare. Bob Beare was a janitor at Victoria and a friend to students. Beginning in 1874 he would invite the freshmen class to meet the rest of the college and out of this evolved the Bob Revue. The Revue was put on by the sophomore class and aimed its barbs at freshmen. It was considered as part of orientation to campus life.
The Bob Revue was traditionally an all male production and in 1949 the Scarlet and Gold revue was created as a co-ed musical revue. Scarlet and Gold co-existed with the Bob for two years (1949 and 1950) before it merged with the Bob in 1951 and the Bob officially became co-ed.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
- 1987.038V - Unaccessioned backlog compiled by Paul Anthony Wilson Wallace (see Fonds 2187 - Wallace Family fonds, for personal records).
- 1991.133V - Unaccessioned backlog. Unknown source.
- 1996.078V - Compiled and donated by Gwen Farrow.
- 1999.146V - Compiled and donated by David Bernhardt.
- 2006.115V - Transferred from Alumni Office. Originally given to that Office by various unknown alumni.
- 2012.14V - Compiled and donated by Andrew Ennals.
- 2018.14V - Compiled and donated by A. Phelps Bell. Contains photos.
- 2019.03V - Complied and donated by Michael Clark.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Standard number area
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Revised by ECN: April 25, 2017
Updated by JT July 26 2019