- 1985-1999 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
In 1985 Dr. Fowler incorporated his own consulting and educational not for profit company to “…conduct and disseminate research and information about early childhood education”. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dr. Fowler was president and his daughter Velia as Treasurer. His other daughters, Monique and Josephine, along with his wife, Neva were also involved as directors of the company.
Records in this series consist of administrative files relating to incorporation, correspondence, film scripts, and other files relating to projects conducted in the 1980s and 1990s in particular the production of both the book and videos entitled Talking from infancy. How to nurture & cultivate early language development, and Little Neva learns to talk, other talks and presentations.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
- B2008-0026/031: Administration files, correspondence, talks, presentations etc.
- B2008-0026/032: Talking from Infancy – files relating to production of book and video including law suit with the original publisher Brookline Books, Inc; copy of book
- B2008-0026/033(01)-(08): Effects of early language enrichment on later competence development – follow up study 1987-1999 (predominant 1995-1999)
- B2008-0026/005M: Talking from infancy. How to nurture & Cultivate early language development. 96 minute videotape
- B2008-0026/006M: Little Neva learns to talk: 3 to 23 months. A companion video to Talking from Infancy. 59 minute videotape