Trinity College Tennis Club

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Trinity College Tennis Club

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

[1940]-2017

History

The Trinity College Tennis Club began as the St. Hilda's Tennis Club around 1940. Sometime later (1950-52) it became known as the Trinity Grads Tennis Club (membership dependent on being a graduate of any university). In 1962 it became the St. George Tennis Club, opening up membership to all interested players. About 1976 the name was changed again to the Trinity College Tennis Club. There were originally five courts; two were lost in 1960 when St. Hilda's expanded. In 2012, the courts were closed due to the construction of the Goldring Centre for High Performance Sport. In 2016, the Club was advised that Trinity College would not re-open the courts. Despite lengthy negotiations between the Club, Trinity College, and the City, the final AGM was held on September 17, 2017.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

F2197

Maintained by

Institution identifier

OTTCA

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Final

Level of detail

Final

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

2020/05-12

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places