- 1894-1983 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
2.73 m (9 boxes) of textual records and publications
Name of creator
Chair of Geology established in 1901 and changed to the Department of Geology in 1902. In 1906 the name was changed to the Department of Geology and Palaeontology. In 1945, the name was changed to the Department of Geology and Mineralogy on the merger of the Departments of Geology and Palaeontology and Mineralogy and Petrography. The department was briefly known as Geological Science, but by the end of 1965, was once again the Department of Geology. The Department has recently changed its name to the Department of Earth Sciences.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This fonds contains 2 accessions. See accession-level descriptions for details.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Restricted ; Subject to review under "Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act"
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements