CA ON00389 C8-1-27
Letters to Georges Ancey and Madame Ancey
- 1889-1918 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
23 handwritten letters, 1 handwritten bristol card note, 1 handwritten transcription, 1 envelope, and 1 postcard
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
- Autograph letter from Demilly [?] to Madame Ancey, dated «Roscoff, mardi soir». The house is very close to the ocean, and everything is impeccable. Suggests not to bring too many things, as the house is well-equipped. Forks and knives would be welcome. Local food is to be had a very good prices. Asks that Madame Ancey writes before they leave, so that the house can be put in order.
- Autograph letter from Henri Boschez to Georges Ancey, dated «12 mai 89». Congratulates Ancey for the success of Les inséparables. Would like to meet with Ancey to discuss the possibility of staging one of his plays at the Théâtre Déjazet.
- Autograph carte lettre from Ch. [?] to Georges Ancey, stamped «[?] 05». On a pleasant tone: had looked everywhere for Ancey, but kept missing him all night [barely legible].
- Autograph postcard [no illustration] from Camillo A. Tra[?] to Georges Ancey, dated «15 août 1899». Is delighted to announce the great success of Ancey’s play, L’avenir, in Bologna. Will send the newspapers. Signs: your humble translator.
- Autograph letter from Camillo Tra[?] to Georges Ancey, dated «Bruxelles, 31 mai 99». Is delighted to announce the great success of Ancey’s play, L’avenir, in Rome. Will send the newspapers. Signs: your devoted translator.
- Autograph letter from Camillo Tra[?] to Georges Ancey, dated «20 juin 99» - on letterhead «Brasserie Wielemans-Ceuppens. Café Métropole. Bruxelles». Thanks Ancey for his letter. The glory and the praise are for Ancey, not for him, the translator. Is very happy that his friend Ricardi is staging Ancey’s play. Will soon be in Paris.
- Autograph letter from Marcel Boulenger to Georges Ancey, Dated «10 février 99» -- letterhead: «26, rue Cambacérès». Was touched and troubled by Ancey’s play L’avenir. Congratulates him.
- Autograph letter from Henry Becque to Georges Ancey, n.d. Was hoping that Les Corbeaux would be staged again, but it has been postponed. Is in poor health.
- Autograph carte-lettre from François de Curel to Georges Ancey, dated «Coin-sur-Seille 7 mars 1895», stamped «Coin (Seille) 7 3 95». Will not be able to celebrate with Becque and Ancey; is in Lorraine and will remain there for another month; is working on 4 of his plays.
- Autograph carte pneumatique from François de Curel to Georges Ancey, stamped «Paris 14 [?] 15». Is expecting Ancey for lunch the following day, at noon.
- Autograph carte-lettre from François de Curel to Madame Georges Ancey, dated «Marlotte 20 mai 1918», stamped «30 5 18». Thanks Madame Ancey for her letter – it brought back memories of the times when they all met regularly at Antoine’s Théâtre. Holds Ancey’s works in high esteem.
- Autograph letter from Vollard to Georges Ancey [?], dated «Paris le 5 janvier 1905». Was unable to come around to congratulate Ancey[?] in person. Sends his best wishes.
- Autograph carte pneumatique from Henry Bernstein to Georges Ancey, n.d., stamped «Paris, 13 janv 04». Invites Ancey for a lunch in a few hours – has something of interest to tell Ancey. Ancey is asked to telephone his answer before 11h30.
- Autograph letter from Paul Adam to Georges Ancey [?], dated «Lundi 8h», address «16 av. du Trocadéro». Sends his congratulations.
- Autograph letter from Maurice Boniface to Georges Ancey, n.d., address «14 Place Vendôme». Will go to Germany; will be in Bayreuth to hear Parcifal probably the 11th August. Invites him for lunch, to discuss all this.
- Autograph letter from Maurice Boniface to Georges Ancey, dated «samedi». His wife and himself accept with great pleasure.
- Autograph bristol from Maurice Boniface to Georges Ancey, n.d. [A few words in Latin] – Mme Boniface writes that they are free Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Autograph carte-lettre from Maurice Boniface to Georges Ancey, n.d., stamped «27 11 01». Has read Ces Messieurs. Does not really like it, but admires Ancey’s talent.
- Autograph letter from Maurice Boniface to Georges Ancey, n.d., address «14, place Vendôme». Asks Ancey if he is still contemplating going to Bayreuth. The Bonifaces will be going, and maybe the Anceys can meet them there. But they have to make a decision quickly. Ancey has to hear Wagner’s oeuvre.
- Autograph letter from Maurice Boniface to Georges Ancey, n.d. His wife is at home on Mondays; he is at home everyday, until 5pm, writing.
- Autograph letter from Maurice Boniface to Georges Ancey, n.d. Invites the Anceys for a dinner, with old friends from the Théâtre Libre, on Saturday, the 29th.
- Autograph letter from Maurice Boniface to Georges Ancey, n.d. Thanks Ancey for sending his play L’Avenir. Has heard only positive comments, from various circles.
- Autograph letter from René Benjamin to Georges Ancey, n.d. Pleads with Ancey: his Paris apartment is too small, badly lit; that is why Ancey is always sick when he is in Paris. Benjamin is Ancey’s oldest friend, he can say these things. With handwritten transcription by Sanders.
- Autograph letter from Richon-Brunet to Georges Ancey, n.d., address «6 Calle Abadis Sevilla». Apologizes for taking so long to reply to Ancey’s letter. Has had a bad season in Paris, and took refuge in Spain, to be away from everything. Asks Ancey to keep an eye on his house in Camaret.
- Autograph letter from Duval [?] to Georges Ancey, dated «Camaret sur mer, 11 janvier 1894», with envelope marked «Urgence et réponse». Probably from the overseer of Ancey’s property in Brittany. Tells Ancey about the state of the house: the kitchen needs repairs, the garden needs mulch, etc. Found somebody in the house, shot the man twice, but the man disappeared.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Ancey, Georges (Subject)