Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Siemens-Studio für Elektronische Musik
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Siemens-Studio für Elektronische Musik in Munich, Germany was the first programmable recording studio, established in 1956. They are perhaps best known for the Siemens Synthesizer, developed by Helmut Klein and W. Schaaf at Siemens & Halske (1956-1959), which became the main component of the electronic studio. The studio was directed by Josef Riedl. Other composers who worked out of the studio included Mauricio Kagel, Bengt Hambraeus, Milko Kelemen, and Ernst Krenek, and the sound poet Ferdinand Kriwet. Control of the studio was taken over by a foundation in 1963 and its equipment was moved to Ulm in 1967, from where it was acquired by the Deutsches Museum in Munich.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Created March 30, 2020.
Davies, Hugh. "Siemens Synthesizer." Grove Music Online. May 25, 2016.