Type of entity
Authorized form of name
University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign campus). Electronic Music Studio
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Lejaren Hiller established the electronic music studio at the University of Illinois in 1958. It was the first electro-acoustic facility in the United States of America. After Hiller left for the State University of New York at Buffalo, Herbert Brün took over as artistic director of the studio and James Beauchamp became the technical director. From 1969, Beauchamp was the director the studio, followed by Scott Wyatt in 1976. Wyatt remained the director for forty years, until his retirement in 2016. Eli Fieldsteel is now director of the Experimental Music Studios.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Created March 30, 2020.
Experimental Music Studios, School of Music, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.