University of Toronto. Department of Civil and Mineral Engineering

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

University of Toronto. Department of Civil and Mineral Engineering

Parallel form(s) of name

  • University of Toronto. Department of Civil Engineering

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1854-1884, 1906-current

History

Established in 1854 from the Chair of Civil Engineering. The Department was dissolved in 1884, but reestablished in 1906 when the School of Practical Science became the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering. The name was changed in 1921 to the Department of Applied Mechanics and Civil Engineers, and again in 1924 to the Department of Civil Engineering (Municipal and Structural). The name was shortened back to the Department of Civil Engineering in 1953 when the Department of Civil Engineering (Municipal and Structural) and Department of Civil Engineering (Surveying and Geodesy) merged.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places