University of Toronto. Department of Civil and Mineral Engineering fonds
- 1905-1980 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
25.57 m (44 boxes, 54 folders) of textual and graphic records, architectural drawings, and maps
Name of creator
Established in 1854 from the Chair of Civil Engineering. The Department was dissolved in 1884, but reestablished in 1906 when the School of Practical Science became the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering. The name was changed in 1921 to the Department of Applied Mechanics and Civil Engineers, and again in 1924 to the Department of Civil Engineering (Municipal and Structural). The name was shortened back to the Department of Civil Engineering in 1953 when the Department of Civil Engineering (Municipal and Structural) and Department of Civil Engineering (Surveying and Geodesy) merged.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This fonds from the Department of Civil and Mineral Engineering contains 6 accessions. See accession-level descriptions for details.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Restricted; Subject to review under "Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act"
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
See accession-level descriptions