University of Toronto. Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

University of Toronto. Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy

Parallel form(s) of name

  • University of Toronto. Faculty of Pharmacy

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1953-current

History

Pharmacy education in Ontario traces back to 1868, when informal academic experiments comprised the principal educational practices. In 1882, the Ontario College of Pharmacy (now Pharmacists) began operating the pharmacy school that ultimately became part of the University of Toronto in 1953. In 2001, the Faculty was renamed the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy in honour of alumnus Leslie Dan, who donated $13 million to ensure that the Faculty continued to grow and blossom into a worldwide leader in pharmacy education and research. Through this 140-year history, pharmaceutical education in Ontario evolved considerably.
Taken from http://www.pharmacy.utoronto.ca/about-us/our-history.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places