- 1883-2010 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
18.05 m; 43 boxes of textual records and photographs
Name of creator
Pharmacy education in Ontario traces back to 1868, when informal academic experiments comprised the principal educational practices. In 1882, the Ontario College of Pharmacy (now Pharmacists) began operating the pharmacy school that ultimately became part of the University of Toronto in 1953. In 2001, the Faculty was renamed the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy in honour of alumnus Leslie Dan, who donated $13 million to ensure that the Faculty continued to grow and blossom into a worldwide leader in pharmacy education and research. Through this 140-year history, pharmaceutical education in Ontario evolved considerably.
Taken from http://www.pharmacy.utoronto.ca/about-us/our-history.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This fonds contains 5 accessions of records from the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy and its predecessors. See accession-level descriptions for more details.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Restricted; Subject to review under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act