University of Toronto. School of Hygiene fonds
- 1883-1975 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
7.32 m (26 boxes; 41 items) of textual and photographic records
Name of creator
The School of Hygiene was initiated in 1924 and opening in 1927. The School was dissolved in 1975 and partially succeeded by the Division of Community Health of the Faculty of Medicine. Several public health crises, including the SARS epidemic of 2003, spurred a resurgent interest in public health in Canada. The School was reborn in 2008 and renamed the Dalla Lana School of Public Health.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This fonds from the School of Hygiene contains 9 accessions. See accession-level descriptions for details.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Restricted ; Subject to review under "Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act"
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
See accession-level descriptions for details.