CA ON00389 C8-5-12
Clippings, programmes, photographs, letters related to Zola
- undated (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 newspaper clipping, 2 programmes, 3 photographs, 2 letters
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
- Le Charivari, 4 April 1888. This comic newspaper loved poking fun at Zola. In this issue, a satirical article on Zola's political ambitions, entitled "Zola Consultant", signed Cascadio (p. 1-2).
- Theatre du Vaudeville, 20 May 1892. Programme for a one-time matinee performance of Zola's Therese Raquin at the Theatre du Vaudeville in support of the Oeuvre de la Societe maternelle parisienne (La Pouponnière), a benefit organization for orphaned children.
- Signed theatre programme for a special matinee in support of a tomb and a monument for Henry Becque, 31 May 1904. The matinee featured drama, a lecture and a poetry reading. The programme is signed by Victories Sardou, Georges de Porto-Riche, Emile Fabre and Camille Le Sense.
- 3 photographs (one of H. Becque as a young man, two of his monument).
- Autograph letter from [signature illegible – great-nephew of Becque] to Madame Georges Ancey, dated «le 23 novembre 1932». Is preparing an edition of Henry Becque’s work – knows that Becque and Ancey were close. Is inquiring if there are letters and documents he could consult. Antoine told him that it could be the case.
- Autograph letter from J. Molbert [?] to [?], dated «3 juin 1905». Asks for tickets for the play. Praises the play, which is penetrating and passionate.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Box 13 Folder 235