CA ON00389 C8-5-11
Photographs related to Zola
- undated (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
7 photographs, 2 sketches
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
- L'Assommoir. Two stills from a lost 1909 version of Emile Zola's L'Assommoir, by Albert Cappelani (3 reels; 45 minutes)
- Zola, Emile. Photographic portrait. On the back, indication of the photographer as Porel, successor to the Maison Melandri in Paris.
- Zola, Emile. Two sketches of the novelist by his confrere, Pierre Loti (1850-1923), not dated. In 1891, Loti beat out Zola in the election to the Academie Francaise when the seat of Octave Feuillet became vacant.
- Zola, Emile. Photographic portrait of the novelist in his study. On the back, in pencil, an indication of Zola's address, 21 bis, rue de Bruxelles, which would date the photograph some time after September 1889.
- Photographs [probably taken by J. Sanders]. Three contemporary photographs (i) the tomb of Numa Coste (died 1907) in Aix-en-Provence; (ii) the tomb of Zola's parents in Aix-en-Provence; (iii) the tomb of Paul Cezanne in Aix-en-Provence.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Box 13 Folder 234