- 1887-1984 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
35.82 m of textual and graphic records, moving images, and architectural drawings (139 boxes)
Name of creator
Founded in 1886 as the Toronto Conservatory of Music, the Conservatory received royal charter in 1947, becoming the Royal Conservatory of Music. The Conservatory is a music education organization and performance venue in Toronto near the UofT campus. The Conservatory became affiliated with the UofT in 1952, a relationship that lasted until 1991, when it once again became an independent institution.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This fonds contains 8 accessions of records. See accession-level descriptions for more details.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
See accession-level description for details.