University of Toronto. Faculty of Music fonds
- 1896-1995 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
91.04 m (226 boxes, 26 items) of textual, graphic and architectural records
Name of creator
The Faculty of Music was created in 1918. In 1952, The Royal Conservatory of Music and the University of Toronto's Faculty of Music came under the same administration, placing a Dean in charge of both programs. The Conservatory would be known as The School of Music and was headed by a Principal. The Faculty of Music would be headed by a Director. In 1991, the School of Music/Royal Conservatory of Music separated and once again became its own institution.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Contains 12 accessions from the Faculty of Music. See accession-level records
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Restricted; Subject to review under "Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act"