- ca. 1893 - ca. 2000 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1.87; 10 boxes of textual and photographic records, 7 cassette recordings.
Name of creator
The University of Toronto's Department of Physics was established 1887 when the Chair of Mathematics and Physics split to form the Chair of Mathematics, and the Chair of Physics; cited as the Department of Physics from October 1892; name changed on July 1, 1911 to the Department of Physics and Photography. Shortly after, the department was renamed the Department of Physics.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This fonds contains 5 accessions of records from the University of Toronto's Department of Physics. See accession-level descriptions for more details.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Restricted; Subject to review under the Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act