University of Toronto. Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing fonds
- 1873-2011 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
35.75 m (130 boxes, 16 reels) of textual and graphic records, publications, objects, and sound recordings
Name of creator
The Faculty of Nursing got its start in 1920 as the Department of Public Health Nursing. In the 1928, the department became a unit within the School of Hygiene, and in 1933, was recognized as the independent School of Nursing. In 1972, the School became the Faculty of Nursing, and in 2007 after a donation from Lawrence S. Bloomberg, the the faculty was official renamed the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This fonds contains 25 accessions from the Faculty of Nursing. See accession-level descriptions for details.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
See accession-level descriptions for details