Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.). Stephenson House

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.). Stephenson House

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1940-2010

History

Stephenson House was established in 1940 as a male Christian co-operative residence by the Board of Regents in accordance with Trust agreements made by Dr. F.C. Stephenson, a Methodist and later United Church minister and fundraiser. It came under the general supervision of the Board of Stewards, a body that included University officials and House representatives. Originally located at 77 Charles Street, it was moved to St. Mary Street in 1953, then moved back to a different address on Charles Street in 1990 (63 Charles). It became a co-ed residence in 1983. The house at 63 Charles is currently used as Victoria University office space. It's last year as the Stephenson House residence was the 2009-2010 school year.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Victoria University Archives

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC