Fonds 2172 - Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.). Stephenson House fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Victoria University (Toronto, Ont.). Stephenson House fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00357 2172

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • ca 1892-2009, predominant 1940-2009 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

13 cm of textual records
17 photographs
1 photograph album

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1940-2010)

Administrative history

Stephenson House was established in 1940 as a male Christian co-operative residence by the Board of Regents in accordance with Trust agreements made by Dr. F.C. Stephenson, a Methodist and later United Church minister and fundraiser. It came under the general supervision of the Board of Stewards, a body that included University officials and House representatives. Originally located at 77 Charles Street, it was moved to St. Mary Street in 1953, then moved back to a different address on Charles Street in 1990 (63 Charles). It became a co-ed residence in 1983. The house at 63 Charles is currently used as Victoria University office space. It's last year as the Stephenson House residence was the 2009-2010 school year.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of constitution, 1990; minutes, 1940-1982; Board of Stewards minutes and other records, 1941-1979, 1991-1998, 2001-2009; financial record books, 1941-1965, 1990-1991, recipe and menu records, 2004-2005; and one series of photographs.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Transfer
2010.07V
2014.04V

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Some records may be restricted. Contact the Archivists for details.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Individual photographs are described in the photograph database: http://archival-photos.vicu.utoronto.ca/

Associated materials

See also the Ephemera Collection: http://library.vicu.utoronto.ca/archives/ephemera

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Category

Student/Alumni Organizations

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Added by MO: June 1, 2016
Revised by ECN: April 25, 2017
Updated by JT: March 26 2019

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places