- 1935-2014 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
45.16 m of textual, photographic, and cartographic records, publications, films, and audio recordings
Name of creator
Founded in 1935 as the Department of Fine Art. In 1946 the Department merged with Archaeology to become the Department of Art and Archaeology. In 1962, the Department changed its name back to the Department of Fine Art. Around 2006, the Department became known as the Department of History of Art/Graduate Department of Art. It is sometimes referred to as the Department of Art.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Fonds consists of 15 accessions from the Department of History of Art/Graduate Department of Art and its predecessors .
A2012-0006: Records of the Kommos excavation project, assembled primarily by Professor Joseph W. Shaw, and consisting of correspondence, 104 notebooks, contact sheets and negatives, slides, ordered catalogue cards, trench and specialist reports, site drawings, original drawings and photographs produced during the excavations, maps, newsletters, and copies of the five volumes of Kommos publications Includes audiotaped interviews and videos, and CDs of images used in the various volumes.
A2018-0027: This accession from the Department of History of Art/Graduate Department of Art contains annual budget and contract information, funds and donation reports, graduate program correspondence, OCGS appraisals, Chair's correspondence (Peter Brieger), lecture series material, and retired faculty HR/personnel files.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Restricted; Subject to review under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act