- 1905-2008 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
33.2 m (59 boxes) of textual, electronic records and photographs, 7 rolls; 104 architectural drawings and publications.
Name of creator
The University of Toronto's Faculty of Information (iSchool) was established in 1928 as Ontario's first formal library school with a full-year academic program in Library Science within the Ontario College of Education. In 1965, the department separated from the Ontario College of Education and became the School of Library Science. In 1972 the School of Library Science attained Faculty status, and became the Faculty of Library Science (FLS). In 1982, the Faculty was renamed the Faculty of Library and Information Studies (FLIS) and in 1994 became the Faculty of Information Studies (FIS). Finally, in 2008, FIS became the Faculty of Information, the iSchool at the University of Toronto. The name change reflects its closer alignment with the iSchool movement. For a more detailed timeline of the Faculty, see their historical timeline at http://www.ischool.utoronto.ca/timeline
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This fonds consists of 14 accessions from the University of Toronto's Faculty of Information (iSchool) and its precursors. See accession-level descriptions for more details.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Restricted; Subject to review under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.