- 1880-2016 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
233 m (1343 boxes) of textual and photographic records, architectural drawings, publications, sound recordings and moving images.
Name of creator
The University of Toronto's Faculty of Medicine was originally founded in 1843, but dissolved in 1853 in favour of 3 separate medical schools; Trinity Medical College, the Toronto School of Medicine and Woman's Medical College. In 1887, the Faculty of Medicine was re-established.and absorbed the Toronto School of Medicine.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This fonds consists of 57 accessions from the University of Toronto's Faculty of Medicine. Many of the accessions are from the Office of the Dean, while others are from other administrative units and programs. See accession-level descriptions for more details.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Restricted; Subject to review under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act