- [between June - December 1975] (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
File consists of a bound volume of typed handouts, including a course syllabus. Most of the handouts are numbered in the upper right hand corner, i.e. "H4", "H24". There is a table of contents at the beginning of the bound volume listing 27 handouts. There is a directory of local contemplative centres. There are also a number of typescripts by Nouwen. They are:
- "Case Recording in Pastoral Education"
- "Marriage as Ministry"
- "Education to the Ministry"
- "Spirituality and the Family"
- "From Illusion to Prayer"
The remaining articles include:
- Cornelus Verhoeven's "A Philosophy of Consolation"
- excerpt of Chaim Potak's "My Name is Asher Lev"
- excerpts from Oscar Wilde's "De Profundis"
- George Konrad's "The Case Worker"
- William Johnston's "Meditation and Intimacy" from Silent Music
- David Steindl-Rast's "A Deep Bow"
- Nils Dahl's "Anamnesis: Memory and Commemoration in Early Christianity"
- Walter Wink's "On Wrestling with God"
- Steindl-Rast's "Recollections of Thomas Merton's Last Days in the West"
- Wil Velduis' "Developments in Christology"
- A.A.A. Terruwe's "On Affirmation"
- William E. Hulme's "Dialogue on Despair (Job)"
- questions on Hiltner's "The Counselor on Counseling"
- Kallistos Ware's "The Jesus Prayer"
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Between Handout 14 and Handout 15, a large segment of paper has been cut out.